• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Offseason 2011

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, must be Ryan Broad! I like him actually, wish he'd kick on at state level, like his batting.
Not sure how you get Ricky Broad from that, especially when he's reasonable well known at state level.

Same goes for Darren (Daniel) Smith...

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do you still feel the same way about the Heat after the signing of McCullum?

Hopes, McCullum, Lynn, Hauritz and Harris are proven quality performers. Cutting, Forrest and Neser have shown enough in other formats to suggest that they can be handy too. I like the H3at so far.
Problem is Hauritz and Harris will hopefully not be active in the BigBash and McCullum is gonna miss half of it to play in NZ's T20.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Been a while since I've heard anything of Ryan Broad. Signed to open the bowling, presumably.

Also, the Melbourne Stars have signed Luke Wright.

benchmark00

**** I swear brockley only reads his own posts. Better off keeping a journal than being on a forum.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
**** I swear brockley only reads his own posts. Better off keeping a journal than being on a forum.
Would improve the spelling and grammar of the place too. So tired of reading names that aren't capitalised, commas not followed by spaces and misspelt names, well, misspelt everything TBH.

NB: Don't take offense brockley, I'm a stickler for correct grammar (even though mine isn't too crash hot either).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't really know the original source for any of these, but I found this list posted on another forum containing a lot of predicted signings:

Adelaide Strikers
Daniel Harris
Cameron Borgas
Callum Ferguson
Aiden Blizzard
Kane Richardson
Tom Cooper
Aaron O'Brien
Michael Klinger
Nathan Lyon
Keiron Pollard
Lee Carseldine
Adam Crosthwaite
Theo Doropoulos
Brendan Drew
Gary Putland
Brisbane Heat
Ryan Harris
Nick Buchanan
Chris Lynn
Ben Cutting
Michael Neser
Dan Christian
Nathan Hauritz
James Hopes
Peter Forrest
Brendon McCullum
Ryan Broad
Hobart Hurricanes
Tim Paine
Xavier Doherty
Rana Naveed
Travis Birt
Michael Hogan
Mark Cosgrove
Rhett Lokyear
Evan Gulbis
Matt Johnston
Ricky Ponting
Ben Hilfenhaus
Luke Feldman
Nick Kruger
Owais Shah
Jason Krejza
Phil Jacques
Ben Laughlin
Melbourne Renegades
Andrew McDonald
Aaron Finch
Dirk Nannes
Shaun Tait
Michael Hill
Glenn Maxwell
Jayde Herrick
Ryan Carters
Nathan Reardon
Will Sheridan
Brad Hodge
Shane Harwood
Aaron Heal
Brenton McDonald
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Melbourne Stars
Cameron White
David Hussey
George Bailey
Adam Voges
Chris Simpson
James Faukner
Jon Holland
Alex Keath
Robert Quiney
Peter Siddle
Matthew Wade
Perth Scorchers
Simon Katich
Shaun Marsh
Marcus North
Luke Pomersbach
Herschelle Gibbs
Mitch Marsh
Mike Hussey
Tom Beaton
Nathan Coulter-Nile
Paul Collingwood
Luke Ronchi
Mark Cameron
Nathan Rimmington
Michael Beer
Sydney Sixers
Steven Smith
Moises Henriques
Ben Rohrer
Peter Nevill
Ed Cowan
Mitchell Starc
Nic Maddinson
Patrick Cummins
Josh Hazlewood
Brett Lee
Sydney Thunder
David Warner
Chris Gayle
Jason Floros
Tim Cruickshank
Usman Khawaja
Doug Bollinger
Fidel Edwards
Luke Butterworth
Scott Coyte
Ben Dunk
Philip Hughes
Craig Philipson
Daniel Smith

Absolutely no idea how credible it is but I thought I'd post it up.

Spikey

Also, the Melbourne Stars have signed Luke Wright.
Upon reading this I immediately thought of the Simpsons episode where Sideshow Bob threatens to blow up Springfield with a nuke: "Dammit, Bob. There were plenty of brand new bombs, but you had to go for that retro 50s charm."

There are so many international players and yet....

And Stars are MCG

And PEWS; http://www.bigbash.com.au/announcements

Homebush announce their last 5 tomorrow

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Most left of centre one there is Brenton McDonald, Andrew's brother. Hasn't played a FC game, only played a few Futures League matches and has been decent, without ever being super, in Premier Cricket in Melbourne.

Daz to pump up his tires..

benchmark00

Most left of centre one there is Brenton McDonald, Andrew's brother. Hasn't played a FC game, only played a few Futures League matches and has been decent, without ever being super, in Premier Cricket in Melbourne.

Daz to pump up his tires..
Haha I didn't even see Booma there. What a legend. Will be sacked after rocking up to the game blind no doubt.

brockley

International Captain
Watson to sydney sixers,Davis(forget his name a spinner from NSW,)Abbott,Armstrong.Bills and Day for the sydney thunder.

Spikey

Luke Doran is the spinner

and that's Homebush's squad done. probably the most interesting squad given the mix of stars and kids and guys from other states. meanwhile clark's squad so far is 10 NSW players plus Cowan who was a NSW player.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
Sorry benchmark tried to fix it my pc crashed,u cannot believe me but its your belief not fact..
I try to keep people updated have for years,dunno why you have such a problem.
Would you rather i not post updates,if people wish,i can stop it for good,just trying to keep people updated.