• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Why is Ashwin even being considered. The guy has just started playing and the hype has already started. I remember when Mendis started playing cricket and people were saying he was the next Murali, until teams stated to figure him out. Ashwin will probably be the same after a year or two. Remember it has always been the spinners who turn the ball miles that have gone on to do really well. Such as Warne, Murali, McGill, etc. Ashwin doesn't spin that much.
Dude He won MOTS in Champions league and played a major role for CSK in winning the Cup...

Migara

International Coach
Why is Ashwin even being considered. The guy has just started playing and the hype has already started. I remember when Mendis started playing cricket and people were saying he was the next Murali, until teams stated to figure him out. Ashwin will probably be the same after a year or two. Remember it has always been the spinners who turn the ball miles that have gone on to do really well. Such as Warne, Murali, McGill, etc. Ashwin doesn't spin that much.
But unlike Mendis, Ashwin has a solid stock ball, which he can work on. Carom ball (which is a misnomer, what Ashwin bowls is the front of the hand slider of a wrist spinner) is icing on the cake.

If he can improve on that ugly action of his to use bit of more body, he'll be the next spinning star from the sub continent.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
The last time I saw Raina he was hopping around when the ball was just above waist height on a track with bit of juice.

And on Razzak, LMAO. You think Patel, Kumar or Nehra are better seamers than Razzaq?:laugh:
Patel and Kumar are better. Razzaq averages a wicket for 45 runs in the last year, clearly you are unaware of that.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Kholi
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Afridi
Razzaq
Akthar

Zaheer
Gul

Now if I had the chance of adding Asif and Amir to that side as well.:ph34r:
Akhtar?? are you on drugs. He's the last bowler I'd pick in this XI!!! Horribly out of form. Even gul bowls faster.Plus, he's so unfit .
Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Younis
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Raina
Afridi
Harbhajan/Ajmal
Zaheer
Gul

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
WHy only last year? India will struggle to find more than five seamers better than Razzaq in ODIs in last 10-15 years.
Because selectors look at form, otherwise Sanath would have got in your team if you discounted his last year and looked back to mid 90's 8-)

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag >> Hafeez
Sachin >>>AKmal
Gambhir>>NO.3
Kholi < Younis
Yuvraj >> Misbah
Dhoni > Akmal
Raina << Afridi
Harbhajan > Razzak
Zaheer = Gul
Ashwin > Riaz
Munaf < Akhtar

biased indian

International Coach
actully he is a bowler with good control over his deliverlies..dont think there is not much to uncover in his case

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Funny how people under rate the Indian bowling. Most make the mistake of comparing it to the batting awesomeness. How ever the bowling more or less does its job pretty well. Sure there is nothing to scare any batting line up, but as long as it compliments the batting line up we would win matches more often than not.