• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit sad for Kallis

One of the greatest players ever and his team cant even win a knockout match let alone a trophy

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TV1 called this match an 'Everest-like task' for NZ. We climbed that ****ing mountain.

Uppercut

It's such an awesome win. Even at 5 down I was thinking South Africa would come back, New Zealand have failed to finish the job in those situations countless times since Fleming retired.

Oram somehow plucking a Jacques Kallis six back into the ground and turning it into a wicket was the big moment.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Congrats Kiwi fans, you guys stood steadfast when everyone else was assuming that South Africa would win.

I really do feel for the South Africans though. Such a strong team being eliminated like that :(

Jacknife

International Captain
You just wouldn't think they would let it happen again, not after they went through almost exactly the same thing against England.

Borges

International Regular
Yeah, SA chokers and all that.

But let's not take anything away from the Kiwis - once they had a sniff (the all important wicket of Kallis), they played superbly, with tremendous spirit and self-belief. Smart bowling, tight fielding and something that is all too rare these days - good captaincy.

Well done guys! You thoroughly deserve to be in the semis.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Reckon if it was India/Oz/England who lost this match, CW might be much less harsher and more calculated and sensitive in their immediate post-match comments. I'm not saying it's simplistically right or wrong as the demographics obviously differ by a huge margin. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Someone slap Mark Nicholas for asking Graeme Smith why South Africa haven't won an elimination game at the World Cup. SLAP HIM!

As for me, incredibly disappointed. That loss hurt.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Reckon if it was India/Oz/England who lost this match, CW might be much less harsher and more calculated and sensitive in their immediate post-match comments. I'm not saying it's simplistically right or wrong as the demographics obviously differ by a huge margin. Just sayin'.
Oh please. Absolute rubbish.

vcs

Jake, this time there can be no question that they just didn't have it mentally to grind it out after Kallis went. Just look at the Duminy, AB and Peterson dismissals. You have to put a big part of this down to mental fragility on the part of SA.

And obviously, taking nothing away from NZ who preyed ruthlessly on said mental fragility.