• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I usually hate on players I think are overrated.
Considering Ishant has no more fans on this forum, and Sree has a friggin fan society, I find this odd.

Sree has been living off his seam position and 2006 series for far too long.

Anyway, Ishant just got Morkel :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Insane dismissal. Catching, eh? Who'da thunk it?

On Zaheer: pretty sure most English posters have had sneaky man cruhses on him since 2007 at least.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Ironic that.
Sree atm deserves all the criticism and should not be in the test team. Anything who thinks he should be playing is overrating him. That said, Sree from debut till 09 was pretty underrated, IMHO, especially when compared to Ishant and Zak.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully Boucher doesn't hurt us too much. Get a few guys on the fence. He'll probably sky one eventually. Oh and Bring Zak back plz

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha that's such a good point. We have a team 8 down for **** all and we've had two bowlers bowling absolute crud for most, if not all, of the time.
I honestly do not think they'd take wickets in the Ranji Trophy, bowling like this. Well, Sreesanth has never done well in the Ranji Trophy Plate League but Ishant used to be at least above domestic standard. We may be able to carry them, here, but not for much longer - these two cannot play in the next Test, pending something in the second innings. It would be better to call up Pankaj Singh or Munaf Patel from India, imo.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On Zaheer: pretty sure most English posters have had sneaky man cruhses on him since 2007 at least.
Yeah, first time I'd watched him properly so I just assumed he was generally that good. And as it turns out, from then on, he was.

More luck than judgment I feel.

sunilreddy

Banned
Cricinfo: Anyone remember Adam Bacher's legendary catch in 1996? Well, this was not as good as that one. But it gets closer than the others.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Plz Bring Zak back. Ishant has done his job now. I'm sure Zak or Bhajji can finish this off now.

Blaze 18

Banned
Watching South Africa bat here has convinced me that they would have been in deep **** if they had lost the toss and batted first in the first test.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah, first time I'd watched him properly so I just assumed he was generally that good. And as it turns out, from then on, he was.

More luck than judgment I feel.
Tbf between that and 2010 he wasn't close to as good. He was just an above average (averaging about 30) test bowler. He revived that sort of bowling form only in 2010.