• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Woah woah woah, I was replying to those saying Sachin didn't score under pressure a few pages back. I just replied immediately and didn't quote the posts because there were too many. I didn't know people were arguing over Sachin's singles until I just read those posts afterwards, as I just got home.
Gotcha.. Think it is one of his best knocks ever, personally, only spoiled a bit by what happened at the end.

BTW, think it is one of Dhoni's best ever test knocks as well.. But then again, he has had very few in tests as opposed to ODIs, so it is not exactly THAT difficult to better his own best...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think that is part of why he has become so great. That hunger and drive to continue to establish his name in the record books. Lets be honest he hasn't hung around all these years and continued to pile on the runs because India desperately need him, not with young players like Pujara, Kohli on the sidelines that could one day become great players in the future as well. This is a familiar characteristic in almost all great players even the likes of Kallis has time and time again been criticized for being a selfish player.
hmmm.

A number of largely unproven players or Tendulkar. I know which one I'd prefer wouldn't play especially if Raina is in the top 6.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have now edited my post HB so it is not referring to this ******** conversation regarding singles (I didn't see any of today's play), but the earlier posts about how useless Sachin's knock was :laugh: Classic.

One of my favourite CW moments. The greatest proof ever that he can't win sometimes.
Well.. I have seen all of this before, so don't see why it is a surprise to you, tbh.. :p

It was about Lara then and it is about Sachin now. Juz wait a year or so after which this knock will be labelled "cashing in when the team was losing".. Wouldn't that be just classic CW? :laugh:

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Well.. I have seen all of this before, so don't see why it is a surprise to you, tbh.. :p

It was about Lara then and it is about Sachin now. Juz wait a year or so after which this knock will be labelled "cashing in when the team was losing".. Wouldn't that be just classic CW? :laugh:
That would be Yuvraj's "hundreds"

Mike5181

International Captain
hmmm.

A number of largely unproven players or Tendulkar. I know which one I'd prefer wouldn't play especially if Raina is in the top 6.
Still can't believe Raina is in the the team especially when your best 2010 ODI batsmen Kohli is available and Pujara looked great when he had his limited chance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh get real... I can't believe that you're actually one eyed enough to believe that
I am level headed enough to believe that, yes... It doesn't speak well for the "best bowling attack in the world" to not be able to roll out an opposition under 500 when they are down and out in terms of morale just like how it didn't speak well for the "best batting line up in the world" to crumble for 136 at the slightest hint of helpful conditions and top class bowling...

Rant0r

International 12th Man
I am level headed enough to believe that, yes... It doesn't speak well for the "best bowling attack in the world" to not be able to roll out an opposition under 500 when they are down and out in terms of morale just like how it didn't speak well for the "best batting line up in the world" to crumble for 136 at the slightest hint of helpful conditions and top class bowling...
To be fair South Africa made 600 on that same pitch, so India probably should have made what they did, the fact that they struggled to do so with the help of the lower order (but not until the game was gone) doesn't really surprise me really

Mike5181

International Captain
Anyone else think South Africa actually does have an equal or better batting line up than India?

Based on current form

Smith = Sehwag
Peterson < Gambhir
Amla > Dravid
Kallis = Tendulkar
Devilliers > Laxman
Prince > Raina
Boucher < Dhoni