• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
You could criticize him if he does something wrong. The guy scores a 100, you criticize him, the guys does something good (reject millions for a liquor ad) you criticize him.

What you along with some others here do is continuously baiting the Indian members and trolling, which is really pathetic and a shame that you are allowed to get away with it.
8-)

Where did I criticise him for rejecting liquor endorsement? I said the thread was dumb but good on him for doing that

FTR, I think he played really well last night. I don't think it's trolling to suggest that it was an innings made under little pressure and mostly of little importance.

FMD, standard moronic post

Bun

Banned
Do people think that if England had taken the last wicket at Old Trafford in 2005, Ponting's innings would have gone from being arguably the best of the decade to a mere statistical footnote?
Why should it? It was not a "under pressure" knock as defined by some here.

Blaze 18

Banned
To be fair, India did have an outside chance of drawing the game yesterday before those two wickets fell at the fag end of the day. Given how South Africa tend to crumble in adversity, I would have backed India to draw the match if MS hadn't got out.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Personally think that it's an important knock in the context of the series as a whole. If India had just rolled over and been done by an innings and 200 runs, there's little to be taken out of the game and South Africa's attack looks a lot more intimidating, even to those players who didn't get runs.

It's not like South Africa just sit there and let him make runs because they have two days remaining, they need to try and get the guy out because he is good enough to bat for two days straight. When you've had your pants pulled down like India did over the first few days, it's a lot easier to roll over meekly and put your eyes on the next game than make a stand like Sachin and others did.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
What about Ponting's innings in Old Trafford that I mentioned earlier?
hmm I don't know. Obviously quality is different form importance, but Australia only had a 108 overs to bat out for a draw, substantially less than two and a bit days, so a draw was much more likely outcome than a loss

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hmm I don't know. Obviously quality is different form importance, but Australia only had a 108 overs to bat out for a draw, substantially less than two and a bit days, so a draw was much more likely outcome than a loss
Like Jack said, if he had rolled over and accepted defeat like Raina, it would have been even worse for the team.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Tendy was the best even on day 1 i thought.............a big part of his career he played in a **** team...and now again a lot of times when he does well the team plays ****
I think he played even better in the 1st innings - was more aggressive (for obviously reasons).

Dissector

International Debutant
If Tendulkar had scored a duck I bet the same people would be criticising him for failing yet again in a difficult second innings situation, against fast bowling etc. With some people he just can't win.

TumTum

Banned
Interesting. Most batsman would be slogging at this stage, but Tendulkar happy rotating the strike, giving the tail-enders a chance to get out and his team to lose the match, just so he can finish not out?

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Happy that India fought all the way..But Laxma and Raina shud pick up their game...and Ashwin shud be included

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, his body language was not at all positive and he took single from 1st or 2nd ball and gave the strike to Sree and Unadkat.

Anyways, great knock!
Thought it was a bit harsh of Tendulkar to knock into covers first ball of the over and leave Unadkat the rest of the over against Steyn