• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Mike5181

International Captain
I wonder what Kallis' strike rate in the last few seasons is like compared to the rest of his career.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Give Harbhajan a decent first innings total to defend, and at least one fast bowler who could get a wicket, and he'd have bowled even better.

Been unlucky, has Bhajji.
Yeah he does better when a few early wickets have fallen by the time he comes on to bowl. Unlucky with the bat as well.

Oh well glad we didn't risk Zaheer this match. We need to go all out next test. Can't get a better practice match than an actual test match.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Also I hope MS wins the ****ing toss for the next 2 test matches. Kinda annoying how Smith has won all 3 (even the 2 in Ind earlier this year).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The way we've bowled the toss hasn't really had much to do with it. SA would have scored 300 minimum, even with the early moisture.

Mike5181

International Captain
The way we've bowled the toss hasn't really had much to do with it. SA would have scored 300 minimum, even with the early moisture.
Kallis and Amla really are class players. It will take a magic delivery to get one of these two out now. The guys have scored 1000+ runs this year each at an average of 80 odd.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah been playing extremely well. A lot of people talk about Ponting catching up to Sach in test runs but I think Kallis has a better shot (he will probably end up with more runs than Ponting if he keeps going like this).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The run rate is ridiculous. If ever there was any hope of India saving the match, it's gone now with the rate SA are scoring.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah been playing extremely well. A lot of people talk about Ponting catching up to Sach in test runs but I think Kallis has a better shot (he will probably end up with more runs than Ponting if he keeps going like this).
I said that Kallis was the true challenger to Sachin's runs, and not Ponting, all the way back in 2007 ftr :cool:

Mike5181

International Captain
The one thing he has been bagged for over the years he seems to be improving significantly recently. Wouldn't be surprised if by the time he has retired he has close to 15,000 runs and a strike rate round 50.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Crud from Sachin. Really taking the piss now is Dhoni. Just has everyone on the boundary and is basically waving the white flag. Hoping that rain will save them in the next 3 days.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
He will also end up with more centuries than Ponting as well. How many test matches do SA play next year?

Mike5181

International Captain
Well assuming he gets this century he would only be one behind Ponting. Looking at India's bowling and Ponting's form i think we will see Kallis pass Ponting in that area very soon.