• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

tooextracool

International Coach
Ponting batted like a dumbass. Even ignoring everything else thats happened over the past 2 years, I'd be tempted to drop him for that knock. Just woeful irresponsible stuff.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being sent in, at lunch the mark is pretty much 2.5 wickets. Under that, then as a batting team you can live with it. Over, then the decision to bowl has been justified.
I always think 4 are needed by the bowling side if they send a team in so the job isn't done yet. Also more often than not you need to bowl the side out for less than 200 to make it a correct decision.

flibbertyjibber

See the thing is despite three wickets you can't say England have bowled particularly well. On any other day you'd say they were bowling way too wide, but to this lot it's fine.
We bowled better on the unhelpful pitch at Brisbane than today, Australia just look like they are mentally gone. Some of the shots have been so bad.

Burgey

Australia's record at Perth in recent years hasn't been good, has it? Losses to India of all teams and South Africa in a world record chase..
This wicket seems a lot different to those though. So good to see the ball moving and bouncing in Perth again.

joels344

U19 Debutant
I could have done better than Ponting or Clarke today. Hell, anyone on this forum with a little cricket experience could have. Pathetic day.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ponting batted like a dumbass. Even ignoring everything else thats happened over the past 2 years, I'd be tempted to drop him for that knock. Just woeful irresponsible stuff.
In 19 Tests since Cardiff, he's scored 1222 runs @ 38.18 with one solitary century - and that saw him suspiciously dropped on 0 by Mohammad Amir.

pup11

International Coach
God lord this is deja vu all over again, haven't these guys learned anything from the Adeliade test....!?

Ruckus

International Captain
See the thing is despite three wickets you can't say England have bowled particularly well. On any other day you'd say they were bowling way too wide, but to this lot it's fine.
Yeah that's so true. Tbh I think England could bowl rank full tosses and we would still find a way to get out. The team's confidence is just so low, that they are literally self-destructive at the moment.

Burgey

We bowled better on the unhelpful pitch at Brisbane than today, Australia just look like they are mentally gone. Some of the shots have been so bad.
Yeah it's not like you can say the ball's been ducking around a lot. Three really poor shots so far. Wonder if the local boy will show the others how to play here?