• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Hit Wicket

School Boy/Girl Captain
Has Undakat even done anything? He'll just be like any other quick that India have played.
He had really good tours of England for the A team and then Australia in the Emerging Players Tournament in addition to the Under 19 WC already mentioned. Also did well in the domestic Irani Trophy.

He is still pretty raw though and it would be a gamble to play him, but Zaheer's injury might not leave any other choice.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We should have taken Munaf Patel and Praveen Kumar. I don't particularly rate them, but they'd probably do much better than Unadkat and Umesh Yadav.

ramkumar_gr

U19 Vice-Captain
We should have taken Munaf Patel and Praveen Kumar. I don't particularly rate them, but they'd probably do much better than Unadkat and Umesh Yadav.
I would have picked Bhauvanesh Kumar rather than Praveen. He bowls at a better pace and he is a genuine bat.

smash84

The Tiger King
I would have picked Bhauvanesh Kumar rather than Praveen. He bowls at a better pace and he is a genuine bat.
Praveen seems decent from what I have seen of him. He can definitely move the ball. Wouldn't be a bad idea trying him out in SA.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Praveen - Yeah/Munaf - nah.
Praveen hasn't been playing much for UP from what I have seen. Munaf is performing consistently well. His pace was really down in the ODI series, but he is never too quick in ODIs and seems to crank it up to around 140kph at times in Tests.

smash84

The Tiger King
Praveen hasn't been playing much for UP from what I have seen. Munaf is performing consistently well. His pace was really down in the ODI series, but he is never too quick in ODIs and seems to crank it up to around 140kph at times in Tests.
I think there is a need for good tight bowling not just aimless fast bowling.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
That can be handy in England and not in South Africa.
That can be handy is South Africa too specially with the overcast conditions right now in centurion. Also its certain there is grass on the wicket. Swinging the ball with the new ball is so important in test cricket no matter whatever the conditions are.

smash84

The Tiger King
That can be handy is South Africa too specially with the overcast conditions right now in centurion. Also its certain there is grass on the wicket. Swinging the ball with the new ball is so important in test cricket no matter whatever the conditions are.
This

irfan

State Captain
Am absolutely livid that we don't have ANY experienced back-up pace options. I wish Unadkat and Umesh all the best but you can't go into a critical series like this and expect debutants to win you matches.

Hated the fact that Dhoni was more concerned about Zaheer's fitness for the WC next year. Who gives a flying **** about the WC right now, I want us to win in South Africa damnit - do whatever you have to do to get Zak right.

I know these guys I list below aren't the best options but where are they now:
RP Singh
Praveen Kumar
Abhimanyu Mithun
Sudeep Tyagi
Ashish Nehra (why is he only being considered for ODI's?)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Smith reckons the pitch is going to be a batsman's nightmare. Its very green and the conditions are cloudy. Expecting a scorecard like the early 2000s NZ home series. Unadkat is a swing bowler, could be brilliant if the conditions live up to the hype.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Would be a big let down if there is no play tomorrow, have been looking forward to this for ages.