• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Spark

Global Moderator
I have a nasty feeling this could be over quickly. Our middle order has issues with high-quality pace, and then you have two debutants and an out-of-form slogger...

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia might be lucky that they bat down to nine today, in what will likely be a low scoring contest.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
True that. But nothing like what Watto may have done, had he batted an entire day...

Important wicket for Amir....takes the 2nd important one....GO AMIR GO! Love his bowling....

Woodster

International Captain
Excellent catch at short leg, off the face of the bat and Ponting will feel understandably unfortunate with that dismissal, Aamer deserved that though. A bit of a clash between the two during the bowler's celebrations.

Big wicket and that is just what Pakistan would have wanted. If they'd have gone wicketless for an hour in this afternoon session it may well have tested their disciplines.

Just seen the clash between Aamer and Ponting again, Ponting seems to throw his elbow into Aamer, could be in hot water there, although there was certainly some antagonising from the Pakistan quick.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't think there was anything deliberate about it, just a bit excited by Amir and annoyed by Ponting. Amir did it a few days ago as well, just needs to keep clear of departing batsmen.

Faisal1985

If it's the first day of the series, with overcast conditions against a very good new ball attack who by all accounts are bowling very well, it would hardly matter if he was 0 off 46 balls tbh, as long as he's still in there. Give it time and the runs will come, especially given the recent reputation of the Lord's pitch as a flat track.
I know but i was only comparing it with what Watson did to us in the past. This is why i consider Watson's wicket more crucial then Katich's nothing against Katich its just that Watto has been brutal against Pak.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Australia might be lucky that they bat down to nine today, in what will likely be a low scoring contest.
It's Lords, I doubt it's going to be a low scoring contest. I'm sure once the sun is out and the greenness goes out of the pitch it'll go back to being the same old flat Lords wicket.

I'd like to see Gul chuck a full fairly wide delivery outside the off stump to Katich. That big movement across his stumps can sometimes cause him to get stuck in the crease and play away from his body to the full and wide delivery. It could cost Gul a boundary, but if Katich plays it poorly, which is possible, he could end up getting himself a wicket.

Faisal1985

Afridi shuffeling bowlers too quickly for my liking....But Asif is just too attractive of an option...

Faisal1985

"It's vital Pakistan maintain their fielding standards"

Is cricinfo nuts. If thats the case then we will end up dropping 12 catches per innings at least.

Woodster

International Captain
I'd like to see Gul chuck a full fairly wide delivery outside the off stump to Katich. That big movement across his stumps can sometimes cause him to get stuck in the crease and play away from his body to the full and wide delivery. It could cost Gul a boundary, but if Katich plays it poorly, which is possible, he could end up getting himself a wicket.
I would quite like them to try that kind of delivery to both these batsmen. Clarke does go hard and it can fly through gully/point region, especially early on in his innings when the feet are perhaps not moving quite so fluently, always thought this is an area Clarke can be attacked.