• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
AFAIK, the word referred to is a curse word. Is that the point being argued?

Don't see how race comes into when Liam isn't white himself.

That is all. Oh and Arsenal not in the race as I said previously and being proven right with. :cool: Always been between Man Utd and Chelsea.

Craig

World Traveller
So for our resident Arsenal fans, so if it were up to you, would you sell Denilson and would you buy anybody to replace him, or let one of your younger players acquire experience? I'm well aware of Arsenal's position on the table, but do you think any extra investment is needed for the team? I'm not saying break the bank and send the club into a Portsmouth or Leeds type situation, but why not just flog off the crap, and buy some better players in for that position, or if you have some really good youngster who can play that role, and groom them in that position (like Arsene did by selling Vieria and giving Cesc an opportunity).

Obviously January is the worst time to do all of this, unless it is a short term loan type signing, but from what I understand, money is not really an issue (within reason) for Arsene when it comes to the summer transfer window. I'm sure there will be plenty of potential buyers for Alumina (who either appears to be very good or very ****), Senderos, Denilson, and Bendtner. That really would be about it for me.

Craig

World Traveller
AFAIK, the word referred to is a curse word. Is that the point being argued?

Don't see how race comes into when Liam isn't white himself.

That is all. Oh and Arsenal not in the race as I said previously and being proven right with. :cool: Always been between Man Utd and Chelsea.
I have the impression that if Chelsea don't win, then it really would be a choke from them. Of course there will probably be the case if Chelsea lose or draw a couple of games, and Rooney scores a long range goal and the goalkeeper is blinded by a solar eclipse. Citeh are at least another season for even being talked about as title challengers. I guess they have to make the CL first.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So for our resident Arsenal fans, so if it were up to you, would you sell Denilson and would you buy anybody to replace him, or let one of your younger players acquire experience? I'm well aware of Arsenal's position on the table, but do you think any extra investment is needed for the team? I'm not saying break the bank and send the club into a Portsmouth or Leeds type situation, but why not just flog off the crap, and buy some better players in for that position, or if you have some really good youngster who can play that role, and groom them in that position (like Arsene did by selling Vieria and giving Cesc an opportunity).

Obviously January is the worst time to do all of this, unless it is a short term loan type signing, but from what I understand, money is not really an issue (within reason) for Arsene when it comes to the summer transfer window. I'm sure there will be plenty of potential buyers for Alumina (who either appears to be very good or very ****), Senderos, Denilson, and Bendtner. That really would be about it for me.
Would happily show all of these the door, same goes for Silvestre and as stated the other day I'm not too fond of Clichy either, though he is far less of a concern than any of the aforementioned.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
:laugh:. So much for civility. Allright lets get it all out no time for sugar coating. All of you in this football thread who want put me on your ignore list, confirm it with me thus i will not post in this thread any longer.

Since i have no time waste posting in a thread where some people who feel they have superior knowledge of football than I or rather wish to consistently turn this thread into a attack on me.
Confirmed.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Has that always been the case with Clichy or because he had a crap game?
I've never been massively convinced of his overall capabilities, but he really has been on a poor run of late, a large amount of general defensive errors that spring to mind all seem to involve him or Denilson in some way. Moreover, he doesn't really seem to have improved a great deal since taking Ashley Cole's place in the side, and seems to be exactly the same player he was several years ago. He's not a bad player as such, but not great either, he's the kind of player who could probably get away with his performances in a better team actually when there are others around him to clean up his mess. But if I had to idenitify a weak link in the Arsenal team, or indeed one in the defence, his name would probably be the first to come up after Denilson and Almunia.

Last edited:

irfan

State Captain

Have heard China are pretty keen. :cool:

In all seriousness, I'd get rid of Denilson and Almunia (make Fabianski first choice) and look to get a power foward and a defensive central mid but unless the replacements are young it's doubtful Wenger would want to go that route. We definitely need some height because we're getting owned on set pieces and guys like Drogba are too hard to contain if you lack the requisite physical prowess.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In my less than expert opinion, Arsenal need a target man up front, a defender with some height and mongrel, and a goalkeeper

It doesnt seem like rocket science to me but I watched the game with a close friend who is a shareholder at Arsenal and he doesnt see the need for a goalkeeper or defender as Chelski "did so little attacking."

He was obviously channelling Arsene at the time

duffer

In my less than expert opinion, Arsenal need a target man up front, a defender with some height and mongrel, and a goalkeeper
We'll need at least those in order and a backup dm for Song to stay in the top 4 imo especially with City spending big and Liverpool probably not being as dire as they have this season. If we're really serious about winning something then we'll need to seriously look at Clichy's place in the squad and some beef all throughout the spine. Oh and then there's keeping cesc at the club this summer.

Sounds like a tall order but that's what happens when you sit on your arse for 4 seasons without trying to improve the squad being content with making a profit every transfer window.

EDIT: SSN saying we've agreed a contract with Marouane Chamakh which is a signing I like but probably won't appease too many other fans.

Last edited:

social

Is this guy a big shareholder, or just a small one?
Used to be big but I gather he keeps a relatively small one now just because he is so emotionally attached to the place

Love the bloke but he takes the gunners' odd failures far too personally and any "negative" comment is taken like a personal insult.

I prefer to watch games with guys that you can rib about their team's lack of performance (half the fun of sport I reckon)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right, you're right, but ignore doesn't work for me. I am retiring from the footy thread.

I'll still be around the divison 3 thread so you can all catch my inane ramblings on the whites there.
After receiving hundreds of pleas to change my mind, I have unretired from the thread. I love you all, except the following:

Those who support Premier League clubs
Those who support League One clubs

I realise this leaves very few, but it's the thought that counts

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have heard China are pretty keen. :cool:

In all seriousness, I'd get rid of Denilson and Almunia (make Fabianski first choice) and look to get a power foward and a defensive central mid but unless the replacements are young it's doubtful Wenger would want to go that route. We definitely need some height because we're getting owned on set pieces and guys like Drogba are too hard to contain if you lack the requisite physical prowess.
Reckon Kevin Garnett's knees would be up for it?