• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Egypt situation is clearly different from Wales. They clearly are one of the best/if not the best African teams who improve all time (especially in the 2000s era)

They just seem to have a weird record of not doing well in WCQ in this late decade, after dominating African Cup of Nations in the last 5 years or so.
They would never have had their success in the African Cup of Nations if you're profound idea of culling national teams after X amount of years with no sucess had been implemented in the mid/late 20th century.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where did i say automatically?. We aint talking about 10 years here, they have a horrible 50 year record of qualifying for both WC & EURO. WC & EURO qualfiers are the only times the weaker/ football teams have an oppurtunity to prove improvement, if they aren't showing obvious signs of improvement in them & qualifying instead of being predominately a side where stronger teams generally score easy goals againts. That team definately shouldn't have official international status & should become an "associate" memember.
T&T have come close to qualifying for the World Cup thrice, succeeding once, in a 75-year history as a footballing nation. Over the last 4 years there's certainly been no improvement, and in fact the opposite of it. Stronger teams score goals against us for fun, and we have no consistent goalscoring threat, with even our greatest striker having a poor record (Yorke) and our best player (Latapy) only having 10 or so minutes at the World Cup, in his illustrious career. Thanks for the show of support, man.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Good one.

Don't think Melo snubbed us, we never offered Fiorentina as much money as they wanted AFAIK.
Oh ye i think thats what happened indeed with Melo. But that a player they should have gotten, maybe a sign that funds isn't that big ATM?. Since IIRC Gilberto Silva was encouraging to go to Arsenal or something like that..

Sledger said:
Song is doing a fine job at the moment, he has easily been one of the team's better performers all season, and today (for once) the game was not lost due to a deficient midfield.
In the last two games againts United & Chelsea Song went missing. Dont rate him as defensive mid-fielder who can be real force againts big teams.

Looking around Europe DMs like M Diarra, Toulalan, buying back Flamini, Poulsen, M Sissoko, Meireless, Veloso come to mind. Wenger should go for one of them i think..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh ye i think thats what happened indeed with Melo. But that a player they should have gotten, maybe a sign that funds isn't that big ATM?. Since IIRC Gilberto Silva was encouraging to go to Arsenal or something like that..
Just because funds are available doesn't mean they should be spent. If a player's not deemed worth the money, it's not worth spending it, regardless of what funds are available.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Song most certainly did not go missing in either of those games. He did his job fine, neither result can in anyway be blamed on him. But yes, since we're playing fantasy football, Wenger should probably buy Kaka and Ronaldo whilst he's at it.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

In the last two games againts United & Chelsea Song went missing. Dont rate him as defensive mid-fielder who can be real force againts big teams.

Looking around Europe DMs like M Diarra, Toulalan, buying back Flamini, Poulsen, M Sissoko, Meireless, Veloso come to mind. Wenger should go for one of them i think..
We have the money, just in typical Wenger fashion, we didn't agree with their valuation.

Though Song was fighting a one man battle against United at times. Cesc was quiet and the less said about Denilson the better. Diarra, Toulalan and Veloso would all be decent enough buys. I think we've been linked with Toulalan a few times and know for a fact we were linked with Veloso last summer, as were Everton.
Don't actually think we need them though, Song has been brilliant this season.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Dear Aussie,

It has come to my attention that you're unsure over a few things. First of all, football is a different sport to cricket. This means a whole different set of regulations, traditions and histories. The main force of football in England is not the English and Welsh FA. Welsh players are Welsh.
I am very much aware of this. All i'm saying that in WCQ or any qualifiers among the continents AFC, UEFA, CONCACAF etc. Weaker teams should have to earn right as "official FIFA memebers" status before they earn to right to participate qualifying. Instead of consistently being a involved in qualifiers & thus being wipping bows to big teams.

You maybe could have pre WC qualifying for them or something like how we have for the Champions league. You can't tell me when ENG had to play teams like Andorra in WCQ recently, it really didn't seem like a useless event.

Secondly, declaring a country shouldn't exist in footballing terms due to only qualifying for a WC once before is a baffling and complete brainfade of a comment. What about the teams that have never qualified? We should merge all their countries together so maybe they will be able to play football better, just a suggestion. Hell, if someone's born with a club foot, they'll be no good at football for their country so we may as well throw them in a bin rather than waste our efforts on them. I hope you go far in your efforts to improve football in impoverished areas without important football skills, although sadly i think you'll lose the battle to cricket on the subcontinent and camel racing in Syria.

Regards,

Matteh
Yea this could work. Create a second "associate memmber pool" & the best associate memebers should be involved in qualifying. Rather than all of them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pretty funny that Mitchell somehow managed to illicit a serious response from a fairly facetious address.