• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am avoiding doing any work as well to be fair, ah crap Wolves 1 up, still cannot believe Tranmere missed that chance.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We deserved at the very least a draw.

Gornell's miss was a shocker, funnily enough Thomas-Moore missed one almost identical on Monday. Curran should also be put down for his late miss, the kid tries hard but he's useless, been dining out on a hat-trick he scored about three years ago for far too Long (against Brentford actually IIRC).

A draw would have been great for the bank balance but I imagine we'd have been rolled over a Molineux and we've got a fixture pile-up on the cards as it is. I'm disappointed but pretty pleased with the way we played, we were undone by a little bit of quality and certainly can take a lot from the game.

Pothas

Yeah that was horrible, was kind of reassuring though knowing for all league 1 sides are essentially the same. (apart from those like Leeds that are just pretending)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gornell scored for fun on loan at Accrington last season, but can't get the ball in the net for us. Wonder if even the one division step up is just too big a gulf.

It's why I absolutely ***ually fantasised (well, still do, but that's another story) about Chris Greenacre. Was a class above.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
HAA didn't see the game. But no issue with Man Utd going out of the FA Cup, Rooney will just go into the WC fresher, which is the main thing.

Pothas

Gornell scored for fun on loan at Accrington last season, but can't get the ball in the net for us. Wonder if even the one division step up is just too big a gulf.

It's why I absolutely ***ually fantasised (well, still do, but that's another story) about Chris Greenacre. Was a class above.
Having a good striker is something so rare and fantastic that is difficult to put into words.

Matteh

Chris Greenacre & Mickey Boulding for mine.

I wish we were back in the glory days of being average instead of rubbish.

duffer

Bendtner should be back for the home game against Bolton on the 17th. Can't see a forward coming in. Centre-back cover please and a keeper in the summer will do me nicely.

Jarquis

Bendtner should be back for the home game against Bolton on the 17th. Can't see a forward coming in. Centre-back cover please and a keeper in the summer will do me nicely.
Love how a holding midfielder isn't top of the list anymore.
Song - Beast, WAG :wub:

Edit : Rosicky isn't going anywhere then.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Aye, Coyle's mad IMHO. He's probably had a skip full of money parked on his driveway, but he's leaving a sensibly-husbanded team who're making a very decent fist of a debut Prem season for a shot team everyone despises. Bolton will go down and he'll be out on his arse by November when they're outside the Championship play-offs & mired in debt.

Can't blame Burnley, really. SSN reported Notlob have paid the buy out clause in his contract, which is allegdedly £3.6m.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Unless I'm imagining it didn't he play for the scumbags at one point?

Suffice to say that, regardless, he's off my Xmas card list.

Jimmeh not happy either.