• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

thierry henry

International Coach
Double figures from Sami and Gul and the lead past 200, I'll take that.

Looking back on the innings I must say having two proper batsmen caught at deep point in this situation is pretty ridiculous

Stapel

International Regular
Been reading some comments... Though Pakistan could indeed have done better from some point, the sentiment that Pakistan is in a spot of bother for only having a 200 runs first inings lead, seems quite absurd.

thierry henry

International Coach
I'm confused.

Am I right in saying that today was a 7 hour day? Hence shouldn't Australia have been obliged to bowl 105 overs? What did they manage, 92 or something?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
The idea that Pakistan are letting Australia back into the game is absolutely ridiculous.

We are talking about a 200+ run lead, a pitch that is offering plenty to the seamers and will likely give more to Kaneria tomorrow once the sun bakes the surface, an Australian middle order that has yet to convince all summer long, and a history of Australian 2nd innings being weak.

110% game in Pakistan favour. If you are to ever cheer the nation on for a big victory, now is the time.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The idea that Pakistan are letting Australia back into the game is absolutely ridiculous.

We are talking about a 200+ run lead, a pitch that is offering plenty to the seamers and will likely give more to Kaneria tomorrow once the sun bakes the surface, an Australian middle order that has yet to convince all summer long, and a history of Australian 2nd innings being weak.

110% game in Pakistan favour. If you are to ever cheer the nation on for a big victory, now is the time.
Pakistan cant chase its the weakest batting line up among the top 8 even a 150 lead would give Aus the advantage Pakistan had the game by the scruff of the neck this side is mentally fragile to match the Aussies when the going gets tough so when they were in front they should had kept the Aussies pinned down.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Just survive the new ball against Asif it's plain sailing afterwards.Gull looks awful atm Sami has given his once in five years performance in the first innings so he's done while this does look like a track that will help Kaneria.
HA...i hope your right yo..

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan cant chase its the weakest batting line up among the top 8 even a 150 lead would give Aus the advantage Pakistan had the game by the scruff of the neck this side is mentally fragile to match the Aussies when the going gets tough so when they were in front they should had kept the Aussies pinned down.
having said that I would have settled for 331/9 at the start of day's play though from 240/3 it is a bit dissapointing.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Pakistan really should have batted as if they only have one innings to bat in this match. Yousuf, Faisal, Misbah and Kamran all played atrocious shots. In anycase Pakistan certainly holds the advantage. First few overs with the new ball and Kaneria hold the key.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Very harsh on your team i must say. With Younis Khan back its definately better than NZ, while its pretty close between PAK & WI.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha this is how I feel. Pakistan should be disappointed that they've allowed Australia back into this match.
Yeah, agree. 200 in front means OZ have plenty of work to do but are still in it.

Basically there's 3 full days to go. No reason for the Aussie bats to go nuts, just bat normally. Even if they bat on and on and secure a draw, that'll be better than if they play shots, get only a slim lead and have to rely on the bowlers again. Let Pakistan try to force the result from here if they're good enough.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Have missed an awesome day at cricket to see a stupid movie. A 200 run lead is substantial and just within reach to keep the interest in the game alive. Seems like the stage is set for Ponting to atone for his stupid first innings shot. A big century for him tomorrow.