• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

R_D

International Debutant
haha.. just thought i'd add my bit.
Was at the cricket yesterday and had biggest lol when Watson was out..:laugh::laugh:
I was just discussing same thing with my cousin.....it'll make coming to cricket well worth it if Watson goes out in 90's.
Plenty of entertainment provided by Pakistani players attempts to field during the day.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Fair to say that the bowling has been fairly crud, as well. Of the wickets that fell, Watson was run out, Katich went out to a full-blooded cut, and Hussey's lbw was borderline.

Haven't really seen a proper wicket-taking delivery yet in a day and a half. That's not the pitch's fault.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah will be interesting what Haurie does with the bat tomorrow. Looked solid today, tipping him for 50+.
Yeeeeah.

Haven't really seen a proper wicket-taking delivery yet in a day and a half. That's not the pitch's fault.
Ponting got a very good ball, I thought. Didn't move much but Set him up for it nicely, line/length was excellent, etc. Generally hasn't been awesome bowling by Pakistan aside from the opener's spells.

Pitch isn't flat, tbh. True, yes but there's enough bounce for the bowlers to trouble the batters I reckon.

Jayzamann

International Regular
The pitch is definitely good enough to create chances. It's been said endlessly here and in the media over the past 24, but if those chances were taken, this scorecard wouldn't be so one-sided, and decrying this pitch as being flat wouldn't have any substance.

It'll be ironic if this groin ailment improves Hauritz's bowling.

Top_Cat

The pitch is definitely good enough to create chances. It's been said endlessly here and in the media over the past 24, but if those chances were taken, this scorecard wouldn't be so one-sided, and decrying this pitch as being flat wouldn't have any substance.

It'll be ironic if this groin ailment improves Hauritz's bowling.
Well he probably won't be able to bowl so that's an improvement.

</thosewhohavebarelyseenhimbowlrecently>

Declaration an indicator that North will be required to bowl a ton of overs. Hauritz not to bowl today, tbh.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Declaration? Surely not. After how close the Windies ran them in Adelaide, I'd have thought they'd want a buffer.

inbox24

International Debutant
These days only totals of 600-700 are absolutely safe. The only reason why you would declare at 450 is if you had an attack of Warne and McGrath. Given the fact that we've scored so quickly on this pitch is just an indication of how wrong this is.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Actually really like this declaration. Will go one of two ways, either the pitch will be proved to be completely flat, and neither side is going to have a chance of bowling the other out, or Pakistan are going to be rolled over. Either way the Aussies aren't losing this match without a massive second innings collapse.

Redbacks

International Captain
Either way the Aussies aren't losing this match without a massive second innings collapse.
Unlikely given catches would need to be held to roll Aus for a low total.

The Success of the nightwatchman seems a bit of a waste now if Hauritz has made good runs but will be unable to bowl

Top_Cat

Ponting clearly doesn't rate Pakistan's batting, and I think he's right, but against anyone else.....

Johnson to kill someone.

Last edited: