• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ridiculous red card. Yellow, sure. Red? GTFO. Killed the game off, pretty much.

Mascherano red card v Portsmouth
Haha you pretty much invalidated your argument by providing the link.

He is putting virtually the full weight of his body on his leg as it comes down, his other foot is on the floor but there'll be no weight on it because he's moving away from it and stretched out with virtually no control over the 'tackle' (try recreating the tackle and you'll see how much weight is transferred, you are effectively falling onto your tackling leg). Very dangerous, potentially career ending and a clear red card.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Haha you pretty much invalidated your argument by providing the link.

He is putting virtually the full weight of his body on his leg as it comes down, his other foot is on the floor but there'll be no weight on it because he's moving away from it and stretched out with virtually no control over the 'tackle' (try recreating the tackle and you'll see how much weight is transferred, you are effectively falling onto your tackling leg). Very dangerous, potentially career ending and a clear red card.
:laugh:

You're a joke. The video was so conclusively against my point of view that you made up some ****amamie play-by-play to persuade me? That was not a red in a million years. A bad tackle which resulted in hurting the tackler more than the opponent. There is nothing career ending about that tackle, as Mascherano largely missed and his leg went between Beh-haim's legs.

Good one.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah man they're awesome. We're going to win the treble with those two.
Eboue putting in a stellar showing as well. That said, I hope he gives Steven Hunt a kicking, can't stand that guy and he's been going in hard on Almunia all match. Eboue is enough of an idiot to do it as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
:laugh:

You're a joke. The video was so conclusively against my point of view that you made up some ****amamie play-by-play to persuade me? That was not a red in a million years. A bad tackle which resulted in hurting the tackler more than the opponent. There is nothing career ending about that tackle, as Mascherano largely missed and his leg went between Beh-haim's legs.

Good one.
You will have of course noted that Scaly used the word "potentially".

duffer

Eboue putting in a stellar showing as well. That said, I hope he gives Steven Hunt a kicking, can't stand that guy and he's been going in hard on Almunia all match. Eboue is enough of an idiot to do it as well.
Did you see that wonderful bit of interplay between Silvestre and Diaby down the left? What dreams are made of tbh.

EDIT: Now that you mentioned Eboue, just want to express how priviledged I feel to see a man like in our shirt.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You will have of course noted that Scaly used the word "potentially".
When my aunt was being conceived she could have potentially been my uncle. Scaly is a bitter twit who looks to stick it into Liverpool/Gerrard whenever possible. A sad case.

Last edited:

duffer

Well now, that was a good old fashioned ruck. Richard Garcia doing Aussies proud that Rivaldo impersonation.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
When my aunt was being conceived she could have potentially been my uncle. Scaly is a bitter twit who looks to stick it into Liverpool/Gerrard whenever possible. A sad case.
Right, so acting recklessly is fine as long as there are no serious consequences.

duffer

Alex Song what a guy, made Nicky Hunt crap himself just then. At least this game just livened up. Attack these ****s hard in the second half.