• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So if all or at least 2 IPL teams are out, this tournament will be a massive failure as no crowds will come to watch non IPL games.
Yup, what a shame that some deluded Indian fans might finally realize that despite having 500 zillion more players to choose from that other teams & a board that effectively controls the game & bullies all in sundry, they're not actually that great after all.

Zinzan

So if all or at least 2 IPL teams are out, this tournament will be a massive failure as no crowds will come to watch non IPL games.
Also, what ever happened to the theory that Indians love their cricket so much, they'd still turn out in force even if 2 neutral teams were playing. Is that bollocks in reality is it?

slugger

State Vice-Captain
no they wont go .. little reason, no point or motivation ... plus they rather keep their money than spend it...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
okay, and I'm asking you if there is any particular reason? :p
I sure as hell am not supporting a team that could play McGrath but choose not to. I hope they all fail miserably and the team management dies of cholera.

And there is no way I am supporting a team with Andrew Symonds in it.

And there is no way I'm supporting a team owned by the Fat Bastard himself.

So basically, I just picked the two English team because I think county cricket is awesome.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also, what ever happened to the theory that Indians love their cricket so much, they'd still turn out in force even if 2 neutral teams were playing. Is that bollocks in reality is it?
Whose theory was that? It's been bollocks for a while - you just have to see the crowds for any games not involving India.

Briony

International Debutant
The Aussie and saffer teams look like club or domestic teams but the IPL and English ones have a distinctly international flavour about them.

Arjun Bindra

Cricket Spectator
Sorry for posting a query again in chitchat, I searched for appropriate section but could not find.

I used some subtitutes today while score were updating, Cape Cobras v Otago was updated and Deccan v Somerset was underway I guess. Before submitting my new team I had 70 changes left and after applying I had 55. But When I came to see my position after updates of the 2nd match of the day, I saw all changes are gone and I again was given 70 changes! Now am confused on should I again subtitute?

Arjun Bindra

Cricket Spectator
What will be the fate of this tourney if no IPL team reaches the final stages?
Delhi Daredevil was unlucky, pitch was horrible! It usually happens in Delhi. Most of the time DDCA is busy in in-fights or arranging free entry passes for politicians or administrating bodies in Government. :D

Deccan could have fetched rabbit out of the hat but Thomas has different idea. And Loosing Edwards was worst they could face on the pitch at such crucial time.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Delhi Daredevil was unlucky, pitch was horrible! It usually happens in Delhi. Most of the time DDCA is busy in in-fights or arranging free entry passes for politicians or administrating bodies in Government. :D
You make it sound as if Victoria batted on a different pitch. If anything, they were unlucky because they drew probably the best Twenty20 outfit in the world.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yup, what a shame that some deluded Indian fans might finally realize that despite having 500 zillion more players to choose from that other teams & a board that effectively controls the game & bullies all in sundry, they're not actually that great after all.
a) which Indian fans?
b) who isn't great? Gilly's **** captaincy? Symonds playing a piss poor shot? How does this have anything to do with only India?
c) the IPL teams aren't out yet, you realise that right?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sorry for posting a query again in chitchat, I searched for appropriate section but could not find.

I used some subtitutes today while score were updating, Cape Cobras v Otago was updated and Deccan v Somerset was underway I guess. Before submitting my new team I had 70 changes left and after applying I had 55. But When I came to see my position after updates of the 2nd match of the day, I saw all changes are gone and I again was given 70 changes! Now am confused on should I again subtitute?
Hi Arjun - best place to ask questions is Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket Helpdesk or here Fantasy Cricket - Cricket Web :)

In regard to your question, modifications close at the start of Match 1 and re-open at the end of Match 2. This is to be fair to people of all timezones.

This is from the FAQ:

Q: How long do player transfers take to process?
A. All player transfers are instantaneous if a competition is "Open", if a match is in progress the modifications will become "Pending" all "Pending" transfers will be completed once the points have been updated for the current match. If there is more than one game in progress on that particular day, the pending changes will apply at the conclusion of all games in progress.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ah, the anger against a mythical Indian fan. Never gets old.

Zinzan

Ah, the anger against a mythical Indian fan. Never gets old.
Anger? On the contrary, mild amusement would be closer to the mark. Strange that you would interpret it that way tbh. Nothing more than a point that needed to be made.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can understand the dislike for the BCCI by NZ fans with regards to NZ cricket, and Shane Bond etc.

I just don't understand which Indian fans that Zinzan seem to think IPL teams are greater than the others :unsure:

chalky

International Debutant
Just saw the NSW team for the game against Sussex, Jesus Christ that would beat most international teams, Sussex got their work cut out for them definately.