• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
I wonder if he'll step down, I mean they've lost 3 of their last 4 big series; hammered in India where his captaincy was dreadful, lost at home for the first time in yonks, now losing to a very mediocre England side.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Is it really necessary to give everyone involved in the match a medal?

The only person that deserves a medal is whoever gets to nail that blonde up on stage in the red kit.

pasag

RTDAS
I wonder if he'll step down, I mean they've lost 3 of their last 4 big series; hammered in India where his captaincy was dreadful, lost at home for the first time in yonks, now losing to a very mediocre England side.
He won't be pushed, though he might jump. I think most will be swept under the 'young, rebuilding side' rug. Hey, maybe they were tanking :ph34r:

pup11

International Coach
Does no one else feel just a little bit sorry for Ponting? I mean he's probably going to spend the rest of his life wondering how the hell he lost this series
I think Ponting himself mentioned this that England won the key moments, and that's the reason they won, but frankly speaking, a lot of people love to hate Ponting, and think he is a schmuck, but tbh as an Aussie fan, I'm proud that he is the captain of our side, was very gracious in defeat and I think he handled himself brilliantly in that interview.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah should do that, after all we have a tactical genius like Michael Clarke waiting in the wings.8-)

subshakerz

International Coach
As happy I am that England won, I really can't see them building on this victory. Without Flintoff and perhaps Pietersen, SA will show them exactly how Australia feel when your big stars are missing.

pasag

RTDAS
Btw, mentioned it a day or two ago but our running between wickets in the past year or so has been horrible. In India it was shocking and in this series it was really poor as well with way too many suicidal singles being taken and if England were a little more accurate we could have seen many more runouts.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Agree that Swann is the better bowler and he'd be a handy addition to this Aussie side, but there's no way he outperformed Hauritz in the matches they played together, even if he did have to play better batsmen (who aren't the best players of spin in the universe either these days).
Well lets see, im going of my head quickly , so you correct me if you think i missed something.

CARDIFF: They both where poor in their respecitve frist innings. ENG obviously went into the frist test with a plan to spin AUS out & the pitch turned out to be a road. Hauritz was ok in the second innings, since he did what he does best - by bowling accurately in the 5th day rough patches.

LORDS: Probably even. Swann did his job then in the second innings by utilizing 5th day track. Haurtiz was solid as ENG where batting to set AUS a big 4th innings target.

EGBASTON: Both where average. The conditions didn't really suite either of them.

But overall as i said, ENG middle-order without KP weren't aggressive enough againts Hauritz. AUS where always going at Swann.