• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Yeah, its a lost cause from an Aussie POV, every chance that we might go down without any resistance in this match, lot of blokes in this side might be really tired and dejected, so it would now take some effort from Ponting as captain to motivate this lot.
for me, england should win by 300 runs atleast

aussie tragic

International Captain
So Aussies need 546 to win off about 200 overs...time for Hussey to play the innings of his life to knock off at least 150 of them 8-)

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
England were underhand knowing the only way they could win back the Ashes was to prepare an absolute minefield and hope they won the toss.
Yeah, so what's wrong with that, I really don't understand why people read all this crap Roebuck keeps dishing out.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Australia need 546 & england need 10 wicket taking balls
atleast 4 from the spinner & rest of them from pacers, that's my prediction

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who said that? Every Australian comment I've read in this thread said England bowled magnificently yesterday...
Social certainly seemed to suggest it, others said the game was won on the toss which was clearly untrue as we've made close to 400, no reason that Oz couldn't of gone past our score if they'd batted better and we'd bowled worse.

pasag

RTDAS
Well played Trott. Off to bed, need to be awake in 4 hours. Will be nice to wake up to no wickets falling by stumps but won't hold my breath.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah did it in the West Indies.
I think he asked Swann to open in the 1st innings of the 1st test in England. And it was a waste of time. Anderson & Fred were unlucky to go wicketless at the start of Aus' first innings here - it would be madness not to open with them today.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Social certainly seemed to suggest it, others said the game was won on the toss which was clearly untrue as we've made close to 400.
Wouldn't take it as gospel but I'm fairly sure the person who was bleating about the toss wasn't Australian.

And as for social, he's a blatant troll and you're an idiot for buying into it. But hey, I guess I can't talk, I've just played into your trolling as well.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Social certainly seemed to suggest it, others said the game was won on the toss which was clearly untrue as we've made close to 400, no reason that Oz couldn't of gone past our score if they'd batted better and we'd bowled worse.
Don't be fooled by England's second innings total. The lower middle order had license to hit against defensive fields. Under pressure against attacking fields on this wicket Australia are up the creek without a rake.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Quite. The other thing is that Swann wasn't responsible for the 160ao

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Great declaration, brilliant knock by Trott.
Nothing great about it mate, they already have more than enough runs to play with, and would have looked a bit negative had they batted on with no.10 and 11 at the crease.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia to knock these off pretty comfortably. Pitch looks flat, English bowlers aren't flash. Might not even bother to watch.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he asked Swann to open in the 1st innings of the 1st test in England. And it was a waste of time. Anderson & Fred were unlucky to go wicketless at the start of Aus' first innings here - it would be madness not to open with them today.
Mmm. They were unlucky not to get Watson because he was playing so badly but they didn't bowl particularly well either. Fred especially was a bit of a let-down. Never looked like doing anything at Katich's end.