• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I was probably OTT, but it was coming back in. Hawkeye has it taking pretty much all of off.

Only decision for me was if it was bat first.

Looked a tired over from Fred there. Get him off, needs to be used sparingly.
Onions on yeah?

pasag

RTDAS
Pitch not looking too fast, will be easy runs once the ball gets a bit old if they can't get any swing. Will be very tough for Aus as well.

pup11

International Coach
Even with the benefit of the replay, it would be hard to call something that might take half of off stump stone dead.
In real time though that looked good enough to be given out, but obviously after looking at the replay, one can say there was enough doubt there rule the decision in favor of the batsman, so all said and done, that was a pretty good decision from Dar.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pitch not looking too fast, will be easy runs once the ball gets a bit old if they can't get any swing. Will be very tough for Aus as well.
Should be pretty overcast a lot of the rest of the game though, might make a bit better for the bowlers

pup11

International Coach
Need a put up a big 1st innings total on the board, and put pressure on England from there on in the game.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Sounds buggered from what they've been saying. Bumble said before the start the word round the campfire is he'll miss Headingly and return for The Oval.

Dunno tho, obv.
Pretty poor form from a supposed professional athlete if he can't jog in for more than 4 overs straight on the first day of a test.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Big moment for Australia, taking a risk by not checking the stats but I believe Watson is the first Aussie allrounder to bat higher than number six since the legendary Keith Miller... of course I reckon he should move to number 3, with Ponting at 4 but oh well :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty poor form from a supposed professional athlete if he can't jog in for more than 4 overs straight on the first day of a test.
On the face of it I'd agree, but his knee sounds shot from what I've read. Had compression on it every night since Lords & another cortisone jab on Monday.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I've seen it happen a fair few times when he defends the spinners off the front foot too.
When he comes out a long way and tries to smother the block? Yeah, that happens to me as well actually, I try to smother it more because I'm naturally poor against spin. Maybe it's similar in regards to Watto.