• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

chalky

International Debutant
If Ravi Bopara can't make runs in this innings, then I would be worried about his spot in the team.
Nah reckon he will get the series TBH. The hierarchy seem to think he has bit of ticker him especially when you compare him to the 2 players pushing for his place Bell & Shah.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Warne's not sounding happy here. A tenner says he plays later on in the series.
If there was ever someone to walk out of the com-box and onto the field, it'd be Warne... but I still rather doubt it.

I soooooooooooooo hope we can smash Hauritz here and not gift him so much as ONE wicket.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Absolutely. Hopefully we can get to Lunch at 60-0 or so now. That'll be a lead of 270 already.

And if the middle-order can actually do their job properly this time like they so emphatically failed to do in the first-innings, we might just be on for the sort of thumping score (and victory) that we all crave so.
What I REALLY want to know is how is Burgey enjoying his dinner party with his English guest? :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wasn't actually aware Hauritz's finger was good enough for him to bowl in this innings. I've been out of the loop, it seems.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Imagine if could convince Trescothick to play home Tests and lined up with:

1. Cook
2. Trescothick
3. Strauss

That's actually a pretty good top order.
We did that in summer 06, except with Cook at 3.
Yeah, if that was your top three, Strauss would be the first man I'd have opening. What's more, Trescothick takes first ball with Strauss, Strauss with Cook... which means Cook and Trescothick would definately be Trescothick and Cook........................

But in all seriousness, I'd definately go Strauss, Cook, Trescothick or Trescothick, Strauss, Cook... never Strauss at three.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We did that in summer 06, except with Cook at 3.
Yeah, I personally think Strauss would be awesome at 3 with a settled opening pair to protect him from the full, moving ball a little, though. I don't really have any performances to back that opinion up as such but I'd really like to see it given a go if possible; I think Strauss could be a star at 3 and it's something I've always wanted to see given more of an run. That's why I wasn't that outraged when he batted three in New Zealand with Vaughan opening, although I still don't really know why that happened and was reversed as soon as Strauss tonned up. :confused:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, if that was your top three, Strauss would be the first man I'd have opening. What's more, Trescothick takes first ball with Strauss, Strauss with Cook... which means Cook and Trescothick would definately be Trescothick and Cook........................

But in all seriousness, I'd definately go Strauss, Cook, Trescothick or Trescothick, Strauss, Cook... never Strauss at three.
Would agree, Strauss looked all at sea on the most part when he batted at 3 in NZ

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Respect to Steds for the Kyle Eastmond avvie! What a guy.

And on the subject of look-a-likes, i'm sure Hauritz used to go by the name of Gary Pratt.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
_______ is _______ and I claim my £5
Is there some CW thing that I've never come accross the origin of about spotting a lookalike being a pay-packet earner? :unsure:

Whenever someone spots one it's always "... and I claim my £\$5" WTF does this come from?

stumpski

International Captain
Is there some CW thing that I've never come accross the origin of about spotting a lookalike being a pay-packet earner? :unsure:

Whenever someone spots one it's always "... and I claim my £\$5" WTF does this come from?
Based on old newspaper competitions, I believe. Might have been the Daily Mirror. You were supposed to stop their mystery man and say "I claim my £5."