• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Funnily enough, since Hussey got into Test cricket I can't recall him doing very much in the precious few domestic-FC games he has played.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if that 140-odd was his best non-Test-FC score since his Test debut.
True. Might have a look up on that because you have got me thinking.

His ODI form hasn't been as bad as his recent Test form - averaging 56 and 45 respectively in the last 2 years of ODI cricket compared to his 37 and 30 in Tests. A bit more relaxed in ODI's it would seem.
Got himself 126* against Indian board presidents XI on 2nd Oct 2008.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Onions not doing much with the ball here; you have to worry whether any of the other England bowlers will either.

Wonder if the damp got onto the ball; was always worried such a thing might happen.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ha. Just as I come in here to post, Gilly guesting on TMS and is asked about lack of reverse swing for Freddie compared with 05. His reply? "What's happened mate? Has that mint factory gone out of busines or something?"

It's time the whole shoddy business was admitted to by England, and that they owned up to what would otherwise be the inexplicable phenomenon of them actually being reasonably good for a few months four years ago.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Ha. Just as I come in here to post, Gilly guesting on TMS and is asked about lack of reverse swing for Freddie compared with 05. His reply? "What's happened mate? Has that mint factory gone out of busines or something?"

It's time the whole shoddy business was admitted to by England, and that they owned up to what would otherwise be the inexplicable phenomenon of them actually being reasonably good for a few months four years ago.
Yeah thats going to happen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Trescothick acknowledged it, and also made the important point that they were doing it for so much longer than the 2005 series.

And Broad takes a super catch, that's him in the side for the rest of the series then.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Katich in "not going on with it" shocker.

Lady Boy contributes to the series. Well done him!

King Pietersen

International Captain
Getting to watch Hussey and his stylish drives is of stark contrast to the ugly and far from stylish Katich. Really making me enjoy the strokeplay of Hussey even more.

Also, Matt79, thanks......

Finally a wicket for England. Superb catch from Broad, 1st Ashes wicket for Onions.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wait. Wait. I think I fell asleep. I just had a dream of Katich playing an out of character loose shot and then Stuart Broad actually doing something. Scary.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Getting to watch Hussey and his stylish drives is of stark contrast to the ugly and far from stylish Katich. Really making me enjoy the strokeplay of Hussey even more.

Also, Matt79, thanks......

Finally a wicket for England. Superb catch from Broad, 1st Ashes wicket for Onions.
Lol - can't remember seeing enough of you as yet to form an opinion one way or another ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, I said it at some point in the 2,000 posts this thread: Hughes and Katich, most inattractive opening pair imagineable, and all the worse for the sheer beauty of Ponting and Hussey being in next.

And right on cue Hussey plays probably his best shot so far.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Come on Hussey and Clarke 200 partnership to get us closer. Interesting start to the morning it seems, I just got in.

Onions has an interesting action. Puts paid to the idea you should look where you're bowling it.