• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pretty much, the planetcricket population on this forum seems to have grown since I started posting here.
Well after you got banned so did Tom which dropped some activity ;). Pretty active here too.

Katich and Hussey are legends. When they are going like this you just can't really see how they will get out. Both should get 50 at least, hoping they both go on but surely one will. This is the perfect type of innings for Hussey to play himself back in form. No rush, no pressure.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Ah, so you're deliberately posting just to annoy people.

I suggest in that case you read the forum rules.
Nah, just thought it was funny how you took that post personally but yet 2 others didn't go the limits of throwing the kitchen sink into the reply.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is the perfect type of innings for Hussey to play himself back in form.
Just don't get how people are talking as if Hussey needs to play himself into form. He scored 140-odd in his 2nd-most-recent innings. He's already played himself back into form - he now just needs to capitalise on it in Tests.

tooextracool

International Coach
Dont think Onions is going to be particularly effective against the left handers if he doesnt get the ball to swing in (which he hasnt showed at the international level just yet). England need to bowl Flintoff and/or Anderson after tea. Id actually have them both on because they are both good bowlers to left handers. And Simon Katich is crying out loud for a good inswinger given how much he shuffles across the stumps.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just don't get how people are talking as if Hussey needs to play himself into form. He scored 140-odd in his 2nd-most-recent innings. He's already played himself back into form - he now just needs to capitalise on it in Tests.
He seems a different player at times during Test Matches - a more nervy player and plays at balls he normally would leave alone. But true, his knock was a pretty good one as he did have to face Harmison and Onions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, just thought it was funny how you took that post personally but yet 2 others didn't go the limits of throwing the kitchen sink into the reply.
If you think that's throwing the kitchen sink, or taking a post personally, then you haven't experienced much of my posting - which isn't a surprise really, as I've been posting on here for a looooooooooong time and you haven't.

Many of your posts are idiotic, pointless and following a familiar script - trying to make-out lots of other posters have said something which they have in fact not said in order to try to provoke a reaction. In my view you serve precious little positive purpose on this forum. If you don't modify your posting, you're not going to last all that much longer around here. That's the way things are on CricketWeb. Posting of your normal type isn't tolerated for too long.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
I think broad has to to for harmison next test. If he doesn't then it will become blindingly obvious there is something dodgy going on there.

I would like onions to say, purely because I love saying " Graeme onions"
In fact he could be 12th man in an all Vegetable XI
1. Jimmy cauliflowers
2. James Pumpkins
3. John Potatoes
4. Greg artichokes
5. Steve Broccoli
6. Sammy Carrots
7. Mike Cucumbers
8. Ken Tomatos
9. Mark Zucchinis
10. Patrick Sidepumkins
11. Chris Parsnips

12th Man - Graeme Onions

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He seems a different player at times during Test Matches - a more nervy player and plays at balls he normally would leave alone.
Funnily enough, since Hussey got into Test cricket I can't recall him doing very much in the precious few domestic-FC games he has played.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if that 140-odd was his best non-Test-FC score since his Test debut.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Perhaps better put he is getting some test level confidence back. Hussey is never high on confidence and often trys too hard to force things to work. To get some runs early in a series will be invaluable for for and for australia. He is a proven big scorer on english wickets and a ton at lords will set him up for a very good series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think broad has to to for harmison next test. If he doesn't then it will become blindingly obvious there is something dodgy going on there.
Nah, there's nothing dodgy. England's selectors just aren't very good at the current time (one could argue most selectors are not very good most of the time in fact).

Broad's repeated retention is far from the worst mistake made in the last 2-and-a-bit years. It's just one of a morass of moderate mistakes.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Funnily enough, since Hussey got into Test cricket I can't recall him doing very much in the precious few domestic-FC games he has played.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if that 140-odd was his best non-Test-FC score since his Test debut.
True. Might have a look up on that because you have got me thinking.

His ODI form hasn't been as bad as his recent Test form - averaging 56 and 45 respectively in the last 2 years of ODI cricket compared to his 37 and 30 in Tests. A bit more relaxed in ODI's it would seem.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Are you in favour of Harmison's selection currently Richard?
I can't change the team mid-match. I'll wait until the end of this game before deciding what I'd do for the next game, because there's still a hell of a lot of cricket to be played and it's unlikely my thoughts should this game finish now would be the same as when it finishes in actuality.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I can't change the team mid-match. I'll wait until the end of this game before deciding what I'd do for the next game, because there's still a hell of a lot of cricket to be played and it's unlikely my thoughts should this game finish now would be the same as when it finishes in actuality.
You can't change the team afetr the match either you know :p