• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty sure Chappelli has walked out of the Box when Howard has commentated before for C9 right?

Hoggy31

International Captain
Big mistake by England not to get Swann on when Ponting first got to the crease, looks pretty set now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He disagreed with Howard's government over the boat people issue.
Pretty sure Chappelli has walked out of the Box when Howard has commentated before for C9 right?
Campaigned strongly vs mandatory detention iirc - led a protest at Woomera I think.

Also disagreed pretty strongly re aboriginal affairs policy I think.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hundred up.

And they show Collingwood working on the ball. He picks his nose and appears to wipe it on the ball.

Obviously the new hiding place for the mints.....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looks like I was right about Freddie V Hughes, for once. Shall have to check that out tonight. :wub: Freddie so much.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:sick:

Vaughany sitting next to Piers Morgan. WAC.

Piers not Mike.

Although if one knows a man by the company he keeps... :unsure:
How could anyone sit next to that awful thing for a whole day??
Would expect Vaughan to be reconsidering his retirement after today if that is what is in store for him

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Turn for Monty, but would be criminal if there wasn't on this track.

Would still rather have had Onions myself, if that isn't wandering too far into the realm of the bleeding obvious.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Would still rather have had Onions myself, if that isn't wandering too far into the realm of the bleeding obvious.
Dunno. I think Onions would have struggled badly on this track, whereas an above average spinner should be able to do something. Perhaps more in the 2nd innings tbf. Whether Monty fits that category right now is debateable of course, but I don't know who else we'd have picked.

Fabulous fielding by Anderson btw.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Swann bowling too short.

I keep thinking his playing against the Windies and should be getting a wicket every other over.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

Yeah a little bit of turn but unsurprisingly Swann has looked the better of the two.

Now that Monty's been picked, I can look on the bright side which is that we do have an unusually well-balanced attack, and an unusually well-balanced team come to think of it.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Absorbing stuff at the mo.

But SBS showing one of only three different ads between every over getting grating.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dunno. I think Onions would have struggled badly on this track, whereas an above average spinner should be able to do something. Perhaps more in the 2nd innings tbf. Whether Monty fits that category right now is debateable of course, but I don't know who else we'd have picked.
Hard to know for sure, 'cos it's a strange pitch. Onions hurried most of the Oz batters up in the Loins game (which Broad hasn't today, despite clocking in quicker on the gun) and, because he bowls from so close to the wicket, I don't think he'd have allowed Hughes his favourite cut shot quite so much. If he found some swing (and pretty much everyone else has at some point) I reckon his lower trajectory might've asked a few questions.

I believe it was Stephen Fry who defined "countryside" as the murder of Piers Morgan...
:laugh:

Golden. Stealing that.

Steulen

International Regular
Absorbing stuff at the mo.

But SBS showing one of only three different ads between every over getting grating.
Not too much happening bowlingwise though. The occasional interesting ball (Broad just now with the first ball of his spell), but the batsmen are in control. Which does not make for the best viewing imo.