• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
WHY bowl Mortaza after he has been dire all game. Such crap captaincy. Even Ganguly's dogs can captain better than this.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
WHY bowl Mortaza after he has been dire all game. Such crap captaincy. Even Ganguly's dogs can captain better than this.
Why has Mcullum not resigned from captaincy yet ? Does he still think that his KR have a chance of making the Semis ?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Knight Riders, Not Kolkata.:@
By the way, are you connected with Kolkata in some way? My brother is studying in Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh, so there is a fair chance I will come to the US in the next two years and meet you. :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That no-ball was horrible, things like that make such a difference particularly when you've got a team low on confidence.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
By the way, are you connected with Kolkata in some way? My brother is studying in Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburg, so there is a fair chance I will come to the US in the next two years and meet you. :)
Not connected to Kolkata in any way except that I have many friends from the city. Do let me know if you ever visit our beautiful city, would love to meet you.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not connected to Kolkata in any way except that I have many friends from the city. Do let me know if you ever visit our beautiful city, would love to meet you.
Yeah I would love to meet you as well. Will definitely let you know when I come. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I looked at the teams today for the first time in a long time and I saw Mortaza was playing. There must surely be better Indian bowlers than him rather than waste a valua ble International spot on him

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I looked at the teams today for the first time in a long time and I saw Mortaza was playing. There must surely be better Indian bowlers than him rather than waste a valua ble International spot on him
The stupid thing is that they made loads of money to get him in the team as well.

ret

International Debutant
DC vs K11 .... a QF in a sense .... if DC wins it then it goes through, while K11 needs to win it to stay in the race for the semis and then also beat CSK

DD vs RR .... if RR wins it then it is likely to go through as some of the other teams are in must win all games scenario

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just browsing their squad...

LR Shukla offers more all round value. I recall him bowling excellently against Mumbai too.
Charl Langeveldt (I know he's not Indian, but still...) has a very good T20 record in South Africa.
Ajantha Mendis surely must be injured if he is missing out.
Ashok Dinda is a talented bowler, although he has had a poor IPL
Anureet Singh is sitll injured, I believe.

pasag

RTDAS
Have little sympathy for KKR after leaving out Mendis. They persist on experimenting with random choices like Mathews, Henriques, Motzarta when they have quality sitting on the bench. The side needs a complete management overhaul asap.

pasag

RTDAS
It was a marketability thing given where Kolkata is geographically. I'm sure they were hoping to secure themselves a big Bangladeshi following.
I thought it was a bidding war/ego thing?

It boggles the mind this guy gets paid more than Hayden/Watson/Warne. I could understand in the first year teams didn't really have any proper strategies, but one year on and most of the teams have learnt their lessons aside from KKR.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Why has Mcullum not resigned from captaincy yet ? Does he still think that his KR have a chance of making the Semis ?
He asked to leave the captaincy, but there is no who's going to take it. Ganguly was offered the captaincy, but who wants to captain a side who has nothing to play for.

cricman

International 12th Man
I thought it was a bidding war/ego thing?

It boggles the mind this guy gets paid more than Hayden/Watson/Warne. I could understand in the first year teams didn't really have any proper strategies, but one year on and most of the teams have learnt their lessons aside from KKR.

He deserves every penny he gets, he carried that pathetic pace attack of ours for so long and coming back after numerous knee surgerys, his body has broken down more times than Simon Jones

This was his 1st match bowling as a fast bowler in 4 months, he was bowling offspin in domestic cricket due to doctors instructions and was good enough to get Sanaths Wicket while bowling offspin.

Poor Mashrafe :( He was nervous sitting out 11 games, than he get 4 overs to try to justify his contract and alomost nails Gilly 2nd ball and than sees Gilly pull 2 good length deliveries into orbit and than he feels all that pressure to justify a contract, if you wanna know the story background story of the contract you might get a good chuckle

Gangulys Batting Hurt KR too, lots of wasted run scoring chances

Smith

Banned
He deserves every penny he gets, he carried that pathetic pace attack of ours for so long and coming back after numerous knee surgerys, his body has broken down more times than Simon Jones

This was his 1st match bowling as a fast bowler in 4 months, he was bowling offspin in domestic cricket due to doctors instructions and was good enough to get Sanaths Wicket while bowling offspin.

Poor Mashrafe :( He was nervous sitting out 11 games, than he get 4 overs to try to justify his contract and alomost nails Gilly 2nd ball and than sees Gilly pull 2 good length deliveries into orbit and than he feels all that pressure to justify a contract, if you wanna know the story background story of the contract you might get a good chuckle

Gangulys Batting Hurt KR too, lots of wasted run scoring chances
Mortaza deserves 600,000$ for his "performance" for the Tigers in cricket so far? Ridiculous. I'd think Ashraful was better bargain than him in the T20s. Mortaza would struggle to get into the playing XI of a decent IPL side had he been an Indian.

He is dire and showed that in the last match. I think it should be his only match. A major bidding misfire.