• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
JP has the best economy rate for the Indians in the IPL (under 5) yet Sachin gives him only two overs. :dry:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder, how much of Chennai's batting is Matthew Hayden? They depend a lot on him, and he's almost invincible, and that's an understatement. He's been a lynchpin for Chennai, and has single-handedly won many matches for them. Fair, the opposition bowling can attack the other batsmen, but nobody seems to have an answer for Hayden, which has been a huge factor.

ret

International Debutant
CSK wins comfortably in the end and books a place in the semis with 15 pts!

Even though MI is one of the teams that I support, I am glad that it didn't make it to the semis as it has played some hopeless cricket [written a long post on it some time back so won't touch that] :ph34r:

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
The expnsive Duminy didn't push it hard enough in the middle overs. The much more bargain-basement Hayden showing him how it's done. Hayden really underpriced. He was cheaper than the underperforming Graeme Smith who can't make a run for Warnie. Would be really annoying Shane who's never been enamoured of the rotund man.

Another match where Albertus doesn't makes his mark with the bat.:laugh:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
On the other hand, Mumbai's campaign in this IPL is now over. Their weak link in the bowling has cost them yet another match, and they were unfortunately stuck with that, given the presence of JP Duminy and Dwayne Bravo. They had a fantastic bowling combination, but had to trim it to accommodate an extra overseas batsman. That was a factor, as the bowling was significantly weaker. When one half of the team fired, the other failed, and it's easy to spot why. It's a pity, a multiple champion in Indian domestic cricket has still not yet qualified for IPL semis, bar win a championship, which shows how different IPL is from the mainstream domestic scene. They've got one more match, which doesn't look like one to win, as it's against a strong and well-rounded Team Delhi. They'll stick with Duminy next season, given five fifties, so they have to get a top-notch Indian bowler, sooner than later.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Samir Kochhar and Alistair Campbell are talking on television and there's an annoying voice delay. MAX is so unprofessional here, as the delay lasted for the whole talk.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I feel that Badri or Morkel should bat at number 3 and Raina should come in to bat in the middle overs. Raina would be so much more devastating if he gets set playing the spinners before facing pace bowling.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Two of my least favourite teams facing each other. Deccan wins the toss and put Kolkata in to bat first.

pasag

RTDAS
KKR have the easiest job picking their internationals but have never been able to get it right.

McCullum, Hodge, Hussey, Mendis

It's not difficult.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
KKR have the easiest job picking their internationals but have never been able to get it right.

McCullum, Hodge, Hussey, Mendis

It's not difficult.
Fake IPL player says it's because Buchanan's laptop has broken down ;)

...nobody knows why the Emerald Pearl was chosen over Bangla Tiger. Bhookha has his own theories derived from some complex mathematical calculations done on his laptop. And given the results I am quite convinced that he uses pirated Microsoft software.