• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

biased indian

International Coach
think a score around 250 in the seccond inngs is enough...for us

what was the highest score for sehwag in this series 48 in the first inngs ??

ret

International Debutant
Sehwag didn't make the most of his last chance to get a big one in this series .... anyways, I hope he will make up for it in the next series

Dravid *yawn* at the crease so its time to hit the sack .... may be India should have promoted Yuvi at 3 to give him an opportunity to show what he is capable [or incapable] of

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
may be India should have promoted Yuvi at 3 to give him an opportunity to show what he is capable [or incapable] of
There is work to be done still by India if India are to win this. So shuffling the batting order which can result in a collapse is a move which is unnecessary.

ret

International Debutant
There is work to be done still by India if India are to win this. So shuffling the batting order which can result in a collapse is a move which is unnecessary.
India should be fine with anything over 175 :) .... I don't think Ind would collapse for less than that no mtter how they shuffle their batting order

btw, Ind leads by 202 with 9 wkts remaining

Craig

World Traveller
Reading the comments on Cricinfo, Chris martin really is becoming a cult figure, especially with the bat.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India should be fine with anything over 175 :) .... I don't think Ind would collapse for less than that no mtter how they shuffle their batting order

btw, Ind leads by 202 with 9 wkts remaining
Shuffling the batting order can be a lot more damaging in tests than in ODIs. If he had brought in Yuvraj who is not used to playing the new ball early in his inning and had he got out early, we would be 10/2. There would be an unnecessary pressure created on the upcoming batsmen. It would also be unnatural for Dravid to to bat out of his conventional number three spot.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sehwag gone. Lived and died by the sword.
Not really.. He was trying to get out of the way...

The pace and bounce of the wicket was what got him and of course a ripper of a ball in terms of line and length from the legend himself... Doing it this time with the ball after showing how it is done with the bat.. :)

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
India is the better of the two

Sadly India lost both the T20I s but came back well in both the ODIs and tests

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You know what is ironic? There's this guy in the Under-19 team, named Manan. And he reportedly possesses the same swagger and batting style as Yuvraj Singh. :laugh:

biased indian

International Coach
what are the chances for rain in the coming 3 days

tommorow the game is starting at 4.30 AM IST one hour late is it due to the day light saving time change in NZ ??

Evermind

International Debutant
If India can bat until midway between lunch and tea on the fourth day, the series will have been saved and there is still plenty of time to bowl NZ out, with hopefully the track making Harbhajan dangerous.
India lead by 233 at the end of the second day. At the end of the third day they should be 533 up - if they don't get bowled out. Why would you want to extend the lead beyond that?! It'd be absurd to bat into the 4th day.

biased indian

International Coach
India lead by 233 at the end of the second day. At the end of the third day they should be 533 up - if they don't get bowled out. Why would you want to extend the lead beyond that?! It'd be absurd to bat into the 4th day.
if what u suggest happen i will have to start designing a new avatar for you by tommorrow

Athlai

Not Terrible
what are the chances for rain in the coming 3 days

tommorow the game is starting at 4.30 AM IST one hour late is it due to the day light saving time change in NZ ??
Rain forecast for Tuesday (which in New Zealand means it'll rain Monday and Tuesday probably), and yes for daylight savings.