• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Craig

World Traveller
Good to see Jesse Ryder pull his finger out a bit more in ODIs. Now go and get some centuries in the Test series, and so should the same apply to Ross Taylor.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Kulkarni may be the surprise of the tour if he gets a shot on a decent pitch, but I won't be surprised if Munaf performs well despite the criticism he's received lately.
I recall reading that there is no intention to play Kulkarni and he is being taken to NZ as experience, similar to Ishant Sharma being taken to England.

Xuhaib

International Coach
He's in the squad but is unlikely to play.
was decent quality back in 04-05 hopefully injuries have not hampered him a lot.

Easily the most popular Indian player in Pakistan on their 04 tour though a group of idiot boys/girls at National stadium Karachi did make some unpleasing comments towards him.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, the only game we win is an annihalation.

Pakistan get a wrap for being either really hot or really cold, but sometimes we rival them.

Good win by the lads, greentops for the tests please, no listening to Mark Richardsons ideas of rolling over to "please the boss"

IF (if) we can win the tests, I won't care about the ODIs, because we really need to get this team started in tests.

Craig

World Traveller
Course he'd struggle, we have O'Brien. :p

I think the Don played here just once, and got out to Jack Cowie (so under-rated by us, second best seamer in our history) for 9. Awesome, but also very sad in a way. We never saw the best of Bradman.
That never happened. Australia and New Zealand played in 1946 for the first time as a one Test series, and Bradman did not tour. Then Australia refused to play against New Zealand for another 26/27 years.

Flem274*

123/5
That never happened. Australia and New Zealand played in 1946 for the first time as a one Test series, and Bradman did not tour. Then Australia refused to play against New Zealand for another 26/27 years.
Right. I do know the Cowie event happened though, so must have mixed the two one offs up.

ret

International Debutant
NZ manages to avoid whitewash, which should give their players some confidence .... It's good that India had a bad day in a dead rubber as hopefully this loss will make them bring the sharpness back

I did watch the early part of the inning and felt that no matter how the pitch was, the guys wanted to smash kiwi bowlers :laugh: .... confidence is good but that was more like over confidence

looking forward to the test series as I think India has a good chance of pulling of a win :)

Xuhaib

International Coach
So Bradman was human after all. Interestingly enough I clicked on Jack Badcock's page, freakish FC record with 26 100's and 21 50's with a H/S of 325 and had an average of 51, but was rubbish in his 7 Test career. An early version of Graeme Hick it seems.
118 of 160 in one knock which means just 42 in his other 11 interesting stuff.

Beleg

International Regular
was decent quality back in 04-05 hopefully injuries have not hampered him a lot.

Easily the most popular Indian player in Pakistan on their 04 tour though a group of idiot boys/girls at National stadium Karachi did make some unpleasing comments towards him.

come on now, lakshmi 'phati' balaji is legend. :D

Polo23

International Debutant
This may have been mentioned, but did anyone else find it slightly ironic that Ryder was handed a bottle of champagne for being awarded MotM?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
To NZ Cricket

What on earth were the first four pitches... why would you do such a thing...

That is all :P

When is the first test btw ??

Flem274*

123/5
Wednesday.

Reading the herald, Richardson is no fan of Arnel, or any of our seamers, but then again, he wants Mitchell McClenaghan in the test team pronto...

Reckon Ian Butler could play tests if he was managed right, give him short sharp spells imo, look after that back of his. Really impressed by his ODI comeback.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
This may have been mentioned, but did anyone else find it slightly ironic that Ryder was handed a bottle of champagne for being awarded MotM?
Saw that with a strange feeling :laugh: and jesse was fiddling with it as though he was about to open it

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Reckon Ian Butler could play tests if he was managed right, give him short sharp spells imo, look after that back of his. Really impressed by his ODI comeback.
Yeah he did look good. Wonder how bad his dodgy back is. Man all our bowlers seem to have dodgy backs.