• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah it'd work plenty in tests to make it worth doing. It would work here, for instance, if the umpires turned round and added 10 runs to England's total every time Gayle decided to fap about.
I know it'd work under normal circumstances, but I don't think it'd help here. At all.

Apart from anything else, you'd never be able to have a situation where it was at the Umpires' discretion, that'd be chaotic. It'd need to be a stipulation.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No point declaring now as the overs will just be lost...pull out over lunch as TT Boy said
Should've declared at the end of the over Pietersen got his century (not the ball he got it, as some suggested).

10 minutes before Lunch if there's some sort of break (ie, wicket or declaration), then Lunch is taken.

King Pietersen

International Captain
What's Ian Botham on about? How would pulling out 10 minutes before lunch have any impact on West Indies chasing the target?

Anyway, great innings from KP. Was 2005 KP but with abit of 2009 sensibleness. Brought out all the shots, the switch hits, that stood up flick sweep shot. They should have pulled out once KP reached his hundred as well, would have helped his career stats as well :p

sammy2

Banned
This is going to be so sweet, the mighty England came down to practice and will be heading back to England properly beaten.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Good job there's a nice home series to reverse the result immediately.

Nah, the scars will be too deep for any revenge to take place!! :laugh: , and with us having Bravo back it's looking even more rosey, as long as England's bowling line-up continues to be the joke it currently is the return fixtures will remain a toss up.

COME ON WI LETS FINISH THEM OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL!!.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Baker's got his Test average below Powell's now. :p

Despite not being very effective in this game, he's looked a lot better to me than he did on debut. I'd back him in for an extended run ahead of Powell when Taylor returned.
I'd back Marlon Black's recall ahead of Powell's continued selection!

I think it's more a question of whether Baker can hold off some of the domestic bowlers such as Tonge, Rampaul and Richardson. Either way, Sammy should certainly make the squad and probably the team.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Isn't anywhere near a proper beating. West Indies beat us in 1 session thanks to some woeful batting and 2 good Jerome Taylor deliveries to Pietersen and Prior. Without that 1 session in Jamaica this would have been a dull 0-0 series, and have been considered even worse a series than it has. Just hope we actually see result tracks in England, which I imagine we will.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TMS's lunch section just reminding everyone what biased know-nothing scum most journalists are, it's a shame so many gullible people allow themselves to be influenced by these utter nilwits.

Daryl Harper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Isn't anywhere near a proper beating. West Indies beat us in 1 session thanks to some woeful batting and 2 good Jerome Taylor deliveries to Pietersen and Prior. Without that 1 session in Jamaica this would have been a dull 0-0 series, and have been considered even worse a series than it has. Just hope we actually see result tracks in England, which I imagine we will.
No one was brining up caveats of flat pitches in predictions beforehand. Reason being that no one even considered it would be significant enough to be a factor, because they overrated England's attack and considered it just a matter of turning up.

"England will win by two clear tests" etc was the general consensus. Victory was taken for granted so much that there was no need to cover themselves.

So Aus, SA & India would also have only been able to manage a 0-0 too? Nothing to do with the attacks at all?