• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trying to be mildly positive on behalf of the England fans who badly need it in these times, is anyone else quite encouraged by the fact that Jimmy Anderson is no longer absolute bollocks when he's not at his best?

Steulen

International Regular
Trying to be mildly positive on behalf of the England fans who badly need it in these times, is anyone else quite encouraged by the fact that Jimmy Anderson is no longer absolute bollocks when he's not at his best?
If you try to look for a silver lining, Broad's the only one in the fast bowling dept., imo. Swann would be my second desperate attempt at putting on the brave face.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been saying this since last summer. Generally of late he bowls better than his figures whereas previously he was always benefitting from one of Richard's pet hates - getting tailend wickets after being smashed around the park.

Woodster

International Captain
Been saying this since last summer. Generally of late he bowls better than his figures whereas previously he was always benefitting from one of Richard's pet hates - getting tailend wickets after being smashed around the park.
Yes Jimmy's plan B has improved if you ask me. In favourable swinging conditions he has always been a handful, but now when he's faced with less favourable conditions he adjusts his gameplan and his length, and as a result he is not as easy to score off as he used to be.

Woodster

International Captain
Napier's never going to be an international cricketer to be honest forget about him
Going to agree with Manee and Flem here. I think he has plenty going for him, and is now a very useful quick bowler with obvious big hitting ability. He has improved a great deal over the last couple of years and has turned from a kind of bits and pieces type player into a sharp opening/1st change bowler, that can bat.

He certainly has more chance of making the England ODI side, rather than the Test side, and personally I would certainly include him in my Twenty20/ODI squad.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I've no idea how good he really is - I've hardly seen him play. However I did see his 156 against Sussex on telly and it was an absolutely incredible display of sustained hitting.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I haven't read the last 2 40-post pages, but I'll just say... FFS, I hate dropped catches and ***te Umpiring decisions.

There is no excuse for Tiffin giving Nash n\o, there is no excuse for Strauss dropping that sitter off Nash and there is no excuse for Prior dropping that one he just dropped off Chanderpaul.

There's also no excuse for some (certainly not all) of the byes Prior has let through this match, nor the sitter Collingwood dropped off Sarwan. At least those don't really matter though.

Uppercut

I haven't read the last 2 40-post pages, but I'll just say... FFS, I hate dropped catches and ***te Umpiring decisions.

There is no excuse for Tiffin giving Nash n\o, there is no excuse for Strauss dropping that sitter off Nash and there is no excuse for Prior dropping that one he just dropped off Chanderpaul.

There's also no excuse for some (certainly not all) of the byes Prior has let through this match, nor the sitter Collingwood dropped off Sarwan. At least those don't really matter though.
What was Prior's drop like?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What was Prior's drop like?
Very thin edge (there actually wasn't any real doubt), should've been a straightforward take. Mostly edges with the 'keeper up are either difficult or impossible to take but that wasn't, it was simple.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Only yesterday and Aussie was on here saying Prior's keeping is 'fine'...8-)

How many byes this innings? :sleep:

And this game is dead as a Dodo from an English point of view.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Going to agree with Manee and Flem here. I think he has plenty going for him, and is now a very useful quick bowler with obvious big hitting ability. He has improved a great deal over the last couple of years and has turned from a kind of bits and pieces type player into a sharp opening/1st change bowler, that can bat.

He certainly has more chance of making the England ODI side, rather than the Test side, and personally I would certainly include him in my Twenty20/ODI squad.
Struggles to get a gig in Essex's first class team so his not got that much going for him. Decent shout for the 20/20 World Cup and on his day his bowling can be pretty decent. Reminds me of a very poor mans Darren Gough.

Uppercut

It's funny how well-known worldwide someone who's never come close to playing international cricket is.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The selections and captaincy are so annoying. Should have picked Rashid, WI may well have been 500-4 by now instead but there's a realistic chance he could also have forced a win.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What a great and easy welcome for Nash into test cricket. Two roads in New Zealand and road warfare in his first home test series. Must think this game is a walk in the park. Played well though.