• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
With England. For 2008 the talk was "when Flintoff will be back" since everyone else has huge question marsk over them & they have just gotten worse.
Flintoff aint done much the last 4 years...

No reason to think that he's going to pose a major threat at test level again!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
40 minutes before lunch, FTW.

he varying nature of the pitch and the atmospherics might affect the decision though. If they bat on and see it moving around all over the shop, he might be tempted to declare earlier and get at them while the ball's doing a bit.
I agree, around this time would be good unless there's a lot of movement they don't think will continue throughout the day.

The idea one poster had of declaring overnight would be a little strange in my opinion. Why have the Saffas turning up looking at a tough session in the field only to gift them a reprieve and let them start the chase?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone know off the top of their head who the last Australian to score 200 was? I can't remember anyone doing it since Gillespie.

Also, who do you reckon the next will be?

I think I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and say Hughes :)
I think you are right. Gillespie was the last and the one before that.. Brad Hodge.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff aint done much the last 4 years...

No reason to think that he's going to pose a major threat at test level again!
Well Flintoff since the 05 Ashes has missed alot of cricket yes. But everytime he has played in the last 4 years he has clearly showed he is still one of best fast bowlers in the world.

So international batsmen definately still have to consider Master Fred as a major threat to them for a while yet.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Does anyone know off the top of their head who the last Australian to score 200 was? I can't remember anyone doing it since Gillespie.

Also, who do you reckon the next will be?

I think I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and say Hughes :)
Yeah, but not in this match.

Ashes, game 1

social

Full credit to Hughes for his fantastic achievement but his technique is still butt-ugly and, at times, all over the place

Having said that, chances are pretty good that he'll play 100 tests and score 10,000 runs :D

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Full credit to Hughes for his fantastic achievement but his technique is still butt-ugly and, at times, all over the place

Having said that, chances are pretty good that he'll play 100 tests and score 10,000 runs :D
Yeah, that zac was pig ugly....

Love watching cricket with my 7 year old. When Boucher dropped that catch, after Harris misfielded the 1st ball, he's looked up at me and gone "Jeez dad, whata horrible start".

Out of the mouths of babes.

Edit: The Prince has been told he has an hour-ish for 200 imo.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Australia off to a good start. Love how Hughes starts the day off with a boundary, has confidence. The pitch is showing plenty of life, Australia really don't need to bat for much longer than an hour.

social

Australia off to a good start. Love how Hughes starts the day off with a boundary, has confidence. The pitch is showing plenty of life, Australia really don't need to bat for much longer than an hour.
Have more than enough already

I assume it'll now come down to the length of spell before lunch etc