• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

ozone

First Class Debutant
Was there life in it when Eng was giving WI loads if chances ? Im sure you enjoyed watching eng make 600.. Why can't you enjoy this ? WI isn't even at 300 runs and you are complaining. I wonder how much chanderpaul will make.
Well to an extent, there was life in the game, in that we were giving plenty of chances. And when I said inject life into the game, it didn't neccessarily mean give England the chance to rip through the WI batting, but perhaps at least made it more of a challenge for the WI batsmen (i.e. made it better to watch).

However, I'm not complaining about the way the WI are batting, given the situation, I would be doing the exact same. It is once more the case that a pitch is causing people to lose interest in the game. It is no wonder that test cricket is seriously declining in popularity when all that can be prepared are pitches on which the draw is the most likely result. It is also no surprise that many people fail to understand a game which can be played for five days and provide no winner.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Well, they certainly are trying to get rid of the referal system aren't they. Shocking decision. Both on the field and with the review.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to say, anyone who saw the useless trial in county cricket last season could have predicted this kind of thing might happen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't care. Hit the ball if you don't want to be out.
Rubbish. Half the skill in batting is knowing what to play and what not to. Absolutely ridiculous that Umpires give batsmen out because the ball hit the pad. Any decent batsman could've seen that was too high, and so frankly should any decent Umpire.

Terrible standing-Umpiring (not unusual from Tiffin, obviously) and terrible third-Umpiring not to tell him to change the decision.

Evermind

International Debutant
The half-assed referral system is the laughing stock of the entire cricketing world. Don't know which ****** came up with the whole idea of not using Hawkeye. It's ****ing stupid.

Evermind

International Debutant
Rubbish. Half the skill in batting is knowing what to play and what not to. Absolutely ridiculous that Umpires give batsmen out because the ball hit the pad. Any decent batsman could've seen that was too high, and so frankly should any decent Umpire.

Terrible standing-Umpiring (not unusual from Tiffin, obviously) and terrible third-Umpiring not to tell him to change the decision.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but...I agree with Richard.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No excuse if it's going miles over, don't need Hawkeye for those as it should be blatantly obvious from the side-on view which is massively underused in lbws even before these referrals (square leg umpire).

ozone

First Class Debutant
Rubbish. Half the skill in batting is knowing what to play and what not to. Absolutely ridiculous that Umpires give batsmen out because the ball hit the pad. Any decent person could've seen that was too high, and so frankly should any decent Umpire.
Corrected.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Haven't actually seen it in real time, just come in, turned on Sky and seen the freeze frame.

Either way it's a better decision than the penalty that cost my team in Reading this afternoon. So sorry, I can't bring myself to care.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Sammy was right! That is an absolutely shocking decision... Inexcusable! If thats not conclusive evidence i don't know what is! If this has an effect on the game i will be fuming... :@:@:@:@ what a joke!

sammy2

Banned
The bias against WI will never end, I think its time we stop playing cricket internationally. If we can't be treated fairly then why bother, and fans these days aren't better. The guy said he doesn't care, wow.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The biggest problem here is not the lack of use of the predictive part of HawkEye but the absolutely ridiculous question-the-decision thing. I hated it ITFP, without noticing all the problems that have come with it.

FFS, just get the ****ing information available BEFORE THE BLOODY DECISION IS MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haven't actually seen it in real time, just come in, turned on Sky and seen the freeze frame.

Either way it's a better decision than the penalty that cost my team in Reading this afternoon. So sorry, I can't bring myself to care.
City weren't playing in Reading. And if you don't care, it's generally best not to comment at all, as it just winds people up who do care.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Classic England idiot on commentary trying to look for excuses, talking about how Sarwan got one in the first game... just accept that you're team got lucky and the Windies got screwed... pathetic!