• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

pasag

RTDAS
85.6 Alexander to Johnson, FOUR, short and straight, driven off the backfoot past mid-off.
85.5 Alexander to Johnson, no run, backward defence.
85.4 Alexander to Johnson, FOUR, short and straight, pulled away powerfully.
85.3 Alexander to Johnson, no run
85.2 Alexander to Johnson, FOUR
85.1 Alexander to Johnson, no run
:wub:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Whatever the case with the teams bowling, if the Katman, Ponting, Clarke & The Huss all have a decent series with the bat, can't see Australia getting thrashed. Johnson/Moobs to bowl the team to a victory once though imo.
LOL, If 4 out of your top 5 all have decent series with the bat, your not going to get thrashed too many times!

howardj

International Coach
McDonald goneskis, his place is pretty secure for the first Test but would be interesting if North went on here and made a big one. Haddin for a half ton here.
I still think Macca will be safe. The selectors want that extra bowling opition which, despite what Tom Moody says, North does not give us. Anyway, I actually back Macca's batting to improve quite quickly, given more exposure at this level.

On a different topic, I'd like to think Hilf has bowled his way into a BaggyG. There's something about Bollinger. I think, like Bichel, his trajectory is too flat. He just looks a battler.

howardj

International Coach
My 1st Test Team

Hughes
Katich
God
Hussey
Clarke
Macca
Haddin
Johnson
McGain
Siddle
Hilfenhorse

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My 1st Test Team

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Macca
Haddin
Johnson
McGain
Siddle
Hilfenhaus
I have a feeling that this is what the side will look like. Which is harsh on Bollinger, but he isn't in form, bowling too short.

inbox24

International Debutant
North > McDonalds

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
North
Haddin
McGain
Siddle
Bollinger
Hilfenhaus

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else reckon if McDonald plays the first Test, Haddin will bat ahead of him at 6? His form is pretty hot right now....

pup11

International Coach
Anyone else reckon if McDonald plays the first Test, Haddin will bat ahead of him at 6? His form is pretty hot right now....
I have a feeling they might go for North ahead of McDonald now, especially considering the fact that Clarke might not be anywhere near his best due to that back problem, so they might think of strengthening the batting by playing North.

If they decide to play with McDonald, then they should look to bat him at no.7, but doubt they would do that either, as the selectors have pretty much picked him to as a bloke who can bat at #6 and chip in as the 5th bowler.