• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just don't understand his logic sometimes. What exactly was the difference between the first appeal and the third one that he finally gave?
By the time it got to the third he realised they might notice he's not actually an umpire.

Neil Pickup

I just don't understand his logic sometimes. What exactly was the difference between the first appeal and the third one that he finally gave?

Leg gully would've snaffled that one there.
I could just about stomach the first not-out. It was the second that grated as it was stone dead.

ozone

First Class Debutant
TBF, third one was plumb, first one could've been just outside the line.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i would like to see england win this rather than Draw.. they deserve this win.. they played good cricket through out this test..

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

"One of the great balls"
Hilarious Wikipedia entry for Mark Nicholas with all his 'famous quotes' on it.

He served as anchor during the Ashes of 2005 for Channel 4, producing several memorable commentary lines, demonstrating genuine excitement and elation at the events he was describing. The most famous was, 'Oh! Stephen Harmison, with a slower ball, one of the great balls! Given the moment, given the batsman and given the match, that is a staggering gamble that's paid off for Harmison. he bowled that perfectly' after Harmison's slower ball dismissed Michael Clarke at the end of Saturday's play in the 2nd Test at Edgbaston. Others include, 'Crikey O'Reilly!' after a Kevin Pietersen six, "Beauty, yes! Magnificent cricket from this man" after Andrew Flintoff had Ricky Ponting caught behind, 'Oh, yes! That's that, Andrew Flintoff is very special!' after Flintoff wrapped up Australia's innings, also at the 2nd Test at Edgbaston and his particularly insightful "That is very good" after Simon Jones's dismissal of Michael Clarke in the 3rd Test at Old Trafford after the ball, which looked to be a safe leave, cut back and knocked over the batsman's off stump. He also gave a memorable description of Ricky Ponting being out on the final day at Old Trafford in the 3rd Test. When umpire Billy Bowden put up the finger, Nicholas shouted "He's given it out! Out! Ricky Ponting is out!" It must be noted however that Nicholas now expresses similar elation at home wickets with his new Australian employers, for example he "couldn't see" in his words, that Australian batsman Brett Lee was lbw to English spinner Monty Panesar in the 2006/07 Ashes, even though replays showed it to be "plum". His signature cry is "By Heaven!" whenever something remarkable happens during play (usually a six-hit), although this has been scarcely used in the 2006/07 Ashes series. He is also notable for the saying, "That's maximum" when a six has been hit.

Neil Pickup

Hilarious Wikipedia entry for Mark Nicholas with all his 'famous quotes' on it.
That is some of the most painful butchery of English syntax and grammar I have ever had the misfortune of struggling through. Almost makes me nostalgic for Nicholas's hyperbolic ramblings.