• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Elliott had gotten out earlier, Franklin and Nathan McCullum are guys who can hit a ****ing boundary.

So annoyed.

inbox24

International Debutant
Looks like Portuguese's inclusion paid off, he scored the winning margin.

THAT'S TO ALL YEW HATORS OUT THERE.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yes, that's fine. But look at his shot selection - Bracken was always going to take the pace off, and it was going to hold up off the pitch. Yet, he's trying to pull every ball.

Gutted for Nath - great effort to bang the last couple, but he was stymied by weak-as-piss batting from Elliott and Fulton above him. And braindead **** from Broom.

Tidy bowling effort from Australia but ****, did we throw away a good position.
I'm not even referring to the last over. The Hilfenhaus over was criminal.

EDIT: Dot balls are the enemy in Twenty20 cricket, and he faced way too many of them. It's what he did in between the boundaries that made his innings so bad.

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
End of the best summer of cricket I have ever seen. Two awesome opposition, no off-field **** (which would have been endless had we been playing india for example) and nailbitingly close games and series.

Awesome for a cricket fan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
End of the best summer of cricket I have ever seen. Two awesome opposition, no off-field **** (which would have been endless had we been playing india for example) and nailbitingly close games and series.
Lol. No.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
gutted, it would have been awesome had either Fulton or Elliot grabbed a single off the balls they wasted, becuase i really wanted slats and that other guy brashaw(Who?) to shut up.

ah well fair play to voges he won the game

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Looks like Portuguese's inclusion paid off, he scored the winning margin.

THAT'S TO ALL YEW HATORS OUT THERE.
You said Australia needed 200 as a minimum and that Guptil would score iirc. Nice.

Wish some new Australian posters would show a hint of class. :(

Great having you here Kiwis. :) You were fantastic. Cheers to the standout Kiwi posters on here, really insightful. :thumbsup:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
So the other great knocks he played this season showed what exactly? Unfair.
Don't think it was necessarily a temperament thing. Just took the wrong way about it. His job was to get McCullum on strike, and every time he got a dot ball he tried to make up for it with a boundary.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes, that's fine. But look at his shot selection - Bracken was always going to take the pace off, and it was going to hold up off the pitch. Yet, he's trying to pull every ball.

Gutted for Nath - great effort to bang the last couple, but he was stymied by weak-as-piss batting from Elliott and Fulton above him. And braindead **** from Broom.

Tidy bowling effort from Australia but ****, did we throw away a good position.
Sure was, with all those wickets in the hand and the batsman we had to come, Fulton really cost us big time there.

Well done Bracken though - all class.

Nathan McCullum has moved ahead of Jeetan Patel now though I'd have to say.