• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Some solutions if we can't get play (and we won't) from the viewers on cricinfo:

Thomo: "Can't we just have a bowl off, a lap race, a hot dog eating contest (kiwi hot dogs) and finally a Vettori V Ponting bare knuckle fist fight in the middle?!?"

Lawrie: "Tiebreaker should be pub cricket. 6 runs for a heavy, 4 runs for a middie, 2 runs for a light. Wicket for each man that can't drink anymore. I'm an Aussie but I'd back NZ with the likes of Fulton and Mills. Can't see Bracken and Johnson amongst it. Ryder will dominate!"

The last one - :laugh:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Lawrie: "Tiebreaker should be pub cricket. 6 runs for a heavy, 4 runs for a middie, 2 runs for a light. Wicket for each man that can't drink anymore. I'm an Aussie but I'd back NZ with the likes of Fulton and Mills. Can't see Bracken and Johnson amongst it. Ryder will dominate!"[/I]

The last one - :laugh:
Ryder would finally get that elusive century if he opened up the batting.

pup11

International Coach
Originally posted at Cricinfo
Vlad Vukovic: "I was so much looking forward to this one. You know, they play football, rugby and all sorts of other sports while it is raining so why can't they play cricket in the rain? I don't' care if they take their umbrellas, raincoats, swimmers or whatever, just get on with it. I want a match."
This guy apparently boasts of being a huge cricket fan, but he surely doesn't know a **** about the game.

Craig

World Traveller
Ryder would finally get that elusive century if he opened up the batting.
I think McCullum is being under-rated here. Should get us off to a great start. Australia would have a chance if Ponting found his form of 1998/99 (a certain incident in Kings Cross) and a recall of Symonds to the team.

Precambrian

Banned
I think McCullum is being under-rated here. Should get us off to a great start. Australia would have a chance if Ponting found his form of 1998/99 (a certain incident in Kings Cross) and a recall of Symonds to the team.
McCullum underrated? I think he's a tad over-rated. 5 years of International cricket and not even a 100 against a test quality team.

Craig

World Traveller
McCullum underrated? I think he's a tad over-rated. 5 years of International cricket and not even a 100 against a test quality team.
You missed my whole point. I meant under-rated in the drinking department (or so he was in his younger days).