• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the no.1 spinner of the Post Packer Era?

Who will your spinner for the Post Packer XI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inbox24

International Debutant
Murali averages 24 against Warne's 25.52 when Bang Zim stats are excluded. That's awesome.
But doesn't this just help the Warne argument? Because the fact that the stats are that close, we have to put more weight on the what kind of bowlers they were rather than just statsguru.

bagapath

International Captain
Murali averages 24 against Warne's 25.52 when Bang Zim stats are excluded. That's awesome.
btw, i chose warne not for the stats. murali has way better stats than warne anyway. i am personally a fan of warne's bowling so i am choosing him. and i am not sure of murali's action. i have met his in-laws once in a function. they are from the same city as me. they are such superb people and i believe murali himself is a great guy. we have a common friend. wish i liked his bowling action. unfortunately, it looks dubious to me.

Precambrian

Banned
1.5 is rather a very good difference in the lower 20s just like perhaps a 3 point differential in the higher 20s.

Also, performing much better against the minnows, only puts Murali further ahead of Warney.

Precambrian

Banned
btw, i chose warne not for the stats. murali has way better stats than warne anyway. i am personally a fan of warne's bowling so i am choosing him. and i am not sure of murali's action. i have met his in-laws once in a function. they are from the same city as me. they are such superb people and i believe murali himself is a great guy. we have a common friend. wish i liked his bowling action. unfortunately, it looks dubious to me.
Malar Hospitals MD right? Smashing blokes them. And unfortunately no matter how many bio-tests and stuff is done, cynics will always remain. :dry:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
1.5 is rather a very good difference in the lower 20s just like perhaps a 3 point differential in the higher 20s.

Also, performing much better against the minnows, only puts Murali further ahead of Warney.
Far out, put you off ignore to give you another go and you post this crap. Watch some cricket first and then go to the Murali vs Warne thread if you want to persue trolling about this issue.

Precambrian

Banned
Far out, put you off ignore to give you another go and you post this crap. Watch some cricket first and then go to the Murali vs Warne thread if you want to persue trolling about this issue.
:fear:

Why is that you find the argument Murali > Warne, as true as it is, to be trolling?

Reeking bias is the only answer I can find.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:fear:

Why is that you find the argument Murali > Warne, as true as it is, to be trolling?

Reeking bias is the only answer I can find.
1) I don't have a problem if you believe Murali to be a better bowler than Warne.
2) I do have a problem with you claiming Murali is better than Warne solely because of some averages.
3) You haven't been here long, have no credability and yet continue to state your opinions as facts in every thread on CricketWeb.
4) Murali vs Warne has been done to death and then some.
5) If you have to continue it, please post in the relevant thread.

Precambrian

Banned
1) I don't have a problem if you believe Murali to be a better bowler than Warne.
2) I do have a problem with you claiming Murali is better than Warne solely because of some averages.
Don't you think the second point directly contradicts the first point? And when did I ever say stats are the ONLY reason why I regard Murali > Warne?

3) You haven't been here long, have no credability and yet continue to state your opinions as facts in every thread on CricketWeb.
Almost 1 year. However still not come across threads which state only such and such posters are allowed to post in such threads. Sorry if I missed the rules, could you pls link?

4) Murali vs Warne has been done to death and then some.
5) If you have to continue it, please post in the relevant thread.
Oops. Please go and read my first post in this thread. The thread creator himself acknowledged that this thread was indeed going to become essentially Warne Vs Murali. Otherwise why this thread? Blame the thread-creator then. Not me.

I love Murali just because I like him. I like the way he mixes his variations etc. Don't get me wrong, I am a hardcore fan of Warne as well. But Murali a bit ahead of Warne.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don't you think the second point directly contradicts the first point? And when did I ever say stats are the ONLY reason why I regard Murali > Warne?

Almost 1 year. However still not come across threads which state only such and such posters are allowed to post in such threads. Sorry if I missed the rules, could you pls link?

Oops. Please go and read my first post in this thread. The thread creator himself acknowledged that this thread was indeed going to become essentially Warne Vs Murali. Otherwise why this thread? Blame the thread-creator then. Not me.

I love Murali just because I like him. I like the way he mixes his variations etc. Don't get me wrong, I am a hardcore fan of Warne as well. But Murali a bit ahead of Warne.
1) No, no I don't. If you can't understand what I'm trying to say there, I won't bother. I made that assumption based on your posts so far in this thread and on practically all your other posts on opinions on cricketers on CW. But please, tell me why then.

2) Haha, pathetic.

3) It doesn't have to go down that path and if it does, it should really be closed imo.

4) "I love Murali just because I like him." K, thanks for clearing that up.

bagapath

International Captain
You don't like me?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, but then this is even more offset by the fact that Murali played half his tests at home on dustbowls designed for him whereas Warne played half his tests at home where only 1 pitch aided him and the rest were better suited for pace.

Precambrian

Banned
Yes, but then this is even more offset by the fact that Murali played half his tests at home on dustbowls designed for him whereas Warne played half his tests at home where only 1 pitch aided him and the rest were better suited for pace.
Not really. Murali has a better average in the subcontinent as compared to Warne, although their averages in SL are very similar and nothing to suggest Warne was better than Murali in conditions aiding them.