• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Australia were chasing close to 7 rpo when Huss came in. He used up so many deliveries to get to his 50, that it derailed any momentum the innings had. And when he really had to accelerate, he got out. 78 from 96 balls might be good if batting blind, but considering the asking rate, it was too slow.
Better knock than 30 (30).

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Australia were chasing close to 7 rpo when Huss came in. He used up so many deliveries to get to his 50, that it derailed any momentum the innings had. And when he really had to accelerate, he got out. 78 from 96 balls might be good if batting blind, but considering the asking rate, it was too slow.
You know what's worse than 78 off 96? Getting out.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Still convinced that the umpire fell for the old fashioned appeal for ball down leg side to try and convince the umpire it wasn't a wide.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

And I'd be mad to suggest he be "dropped" just on that one performance.
Yeah, he certainly derailed the momentum Australia had at 4/50. They were right on top until he came in.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Best over of the innings just then for the aussies.
Surely batting power play time, aussies looking awful running between the wickets, can only think the long summer is taking its toll.

EDIT: ponting has moved outside, would assume to call for the PP

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Interesting to see that O'Brien still has 4 overs to bowl. Will be an important role for him, I really hope he steps up like he has done it Tests.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Patel's been looking for wickets and has been comparatively expensive for it. Don't know if I'd have preferred him just darting the ball in and going for nothing or trying to lure the Aussies into a misstroke personally.

Evermind

International Debutant
LOL @ Australia. This is looking like murder! How sweet it is to see them beaten so many times in the past 12 months. :cool:

Order is restored. Carry on.

Question: I lost an Avatar bet against Ernest but he's banned now. Does this mean I don't have to wear this annoying thing?

Flem274*

123/5
I love our bowlers. Our media was rubbishing them during the whole lead up and saying we should chase because our bowlers would just get smashed and our (overhyped) batsmen are our only part of the side that can match it with Aussie.

This post goes out to all those ****s that whinge about us having no one 150+. GAGFYUCs!

In saying that, if Aussie make 180+, I can just see Bracken going to town and Australia winning, despite a magnificent fighting 50* from Elliott.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I love our bowlers. Our media was rubbishing them during the whole lead up and saying we should chase because our bowlers would just get smashed and our (overhyped) batsmen are our only part of the side that can match it with Aussie.

This post goes out to all those ****s that whinge about us having no one 150+. GAGFYUCs!

In saying that, if Aussie make 180+, I can just see Bracken going to town and Australia winning, despite a magnificent fighting 50* from Elliott.
Elliott to not pass 30 this series

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Poor running from the Aussies. Even though the fielding was good, they still should have been looking for the third.