• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Because the newspaper is representative of anything other than the newspaper itself?
A newspaper is representative of the people who buy it. Obviously it appeals to a certain section of the Australian populace, or it wouldn't print articles like that.

pasag

RTDAS
A newspaper is representative of the people who buy it. Obviously it appeals to a certain section of the Australian populace, or it wouldn't print articles like that.
So following on from that, are a newspaper's readership representative of the whole country?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just added my two cents worth under the name "Intellectually superior":

It took TWO people to write this load of unmitigated tripe? The Australian education system is in a worse state than I thought. Christian and Ben, I'd suggest you look for new jobs, but seeing as you can't figure out that 4th in a list of 12 ODI teams (remember, this is a one-day series we're about to enter into) isn't actually "one of the worst sides", maths teaching isn't an option for you either.
I'm guessing it won't get published.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yes, they have a good ranking but it doesn't mean their current side is as good as there ranking suggests.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah Australia just aren't looking tops anymore, am I right?
No, well we don't have the great side that we had when we went to number 1 just like New Zealand don't have their side that took them to number 4.

I'm not sure if your trying to work me up, but I know we haven't been playing like a top side. We have pretty bad and we need to make changes.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, they have a good ranking but it doesn't mean their current side is as good as there ranking suggests.
Same could be said of many teams, .matt.

We are coming off a series win, unlike our upcoming opponents. :cool:

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah Australia just aren't looking tops anymore, am I right?
We're coming pretty close to losing it actually. Only 3pts ahead of SA, don't know how they're calculated or how many games we have to win to keep it though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No, well we don't have the great side that we had when we went to number 1 just like New Zealand don't have their side that took them to number 4.

I'm not sure if your trying to work me up, but I know we haven't been playing like a top side. We have pretty bad and we need to make changes.
Actually our top side brought us to number 3 touching on number 2. We're pretty much number 4.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
We're coming pretty close to losing it actually. Only 3pts ahead of SA, don't know how they're calculated or how many games we have to win to keep it though.
I think if South Africa win this upcoming game they go to first. Not sure. It was actually in that article that was paying out New Zealand. If South Africa beat us in the Test series on their soil they go to number 1 in the Test rankings.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually our top side brought us to number 3 touching on number 2. We're pretty much number 4.
And, IMO, a large chunk of this side will lift us up a spot or so in the next couple of years.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ok then, fair call. I don't think the side that will be touring us is better then Australia, South Africa, India, England or Sri Lanka though. But it's debatable.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ok then, fair call. I don't think the side that will be touring us is better then Australia, South Africa, India, England or Sri Lanka though. But it's debatable.
Well we did beat England at home and away with this side. Ah well.