• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

pup11

International Coach
Kind of surprised to see Krejza having the most economical bowling figures among the Tassie bowlers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Kind of surprised to see Krejza having the most economical bowling figures among the Tassie bowlers.
Obviously would have been something he consciously worked on and set out to do after being dropped, so good to see, even though it's Twenty20.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Jesus, bosom-fornicating. Was wondering why Fox Sports couldn't show a marquee game like this but they would show SA v WA. Probably to do with timing I suppose, but we're all poorer for it.

Redbacks

International Captain
Already a Test match on in Melbourne, doesn't seem logical to televise their T20 game if another is on offer today at a more viewer friendly time.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Already a Test match on in Melbourne, doesn't seem logical to televise their T20 game if another is on offer today at a more viewer friendly time.
What Sm00t3h said, I'm a WA supporter. Of course I'm happy to watch us beat you.

But Fox Sports showed the NZ v WI Twenty20 at a similar time; it's not an issue of there being a test match on at the time. I guess they just don't have the crew to cover two games.

Redbacks

International Captain
:cheers: great performance from the Redbacks. Watching the cricket played in the IPL/ICL it appears we don't quite get how to play the game in Australia ATM. Playing for singles is a waste of time and a 2-3 over rebuild period rarely works when chasing or trying to set a big total.

Doropoulus came in too late, the horse had bolted.

Great bowling by the two Pakistan players, Umar Gul and Sohail Tanvir

pup11

International Coach
This is easily the best season Ferguson has had, doing well in all formats of the game and in some style, for a small man he surely can hit the long ball and this season his whole game seems to coming along nicely , with all his talent would be great if he continues to be consistent and eventually earn a national call-up.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This is easily the best season Ferguson has had, doing well in all formats of the game and in some style, for a small man he surely can hit the long ball and this season his whole game seems to coming along nicely , with all his talent would be great if he continues to be consistent and eventually earn a national call-up.
I watched him today and he was nowhere near as good as it suggests.

The pitch was all the way on one side, leaving one square boundary short. All he did the whole time was swing for that boundary, no matter the ball. At one stage, he got a rank full toss on his hip from Heal and he tried to back away and hit it over cover towards the short fence, pathetic. He was dropped once by Umar Gul as well.

Hit a few cracking slog-sweeps though.

pup11

International Coach
I watched him today and he was nowhere near as good as it suggests.

The pitch was all the way on one side, leaving one square boundary short. All he did the whole time was swing for that boundary, no matter the ball. At one stage, he got a rank full toss on his hip from Heal and he tried to back away and hit it over cover towards the short fence, pathetic. He was dropped once by Umar Gul as well.

Hit a few cracking slog-sweeps though.
Mate, it was a T20 game and he was looking at the best possible ways to score runs quickly, every batsman tries to target the short square boundaries at the Adelaide Oval so what new with that, all i am saying Ferguson after almost 8 years in domestic cricket finally seems to turning his much talked about potential into some runs.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Mate, it was a T20 game and he was looking at the best possible ways to score runs quickly, every batsman tries to target the short square boundaries at the Adelaide Oval so what new with that, all i am saying Ferguson after almost 8 years in domestic cricket finally seems to turning his much talked about potential into some runs.
Yeah but that's not my point. He was trying to hit everything towards the one square boundary that was shorter than the other, regardless of where the ball was. The full toss I mentioned was ridiculous, if he just pulled it he'd have hit it halfway to Perth, but instead tried the back away to leg and hit it inside out over cover, wtf kind of shot is that?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Did Gul and Tanny look rusty?
Not at all tbh.

Both bowlers were the best two pace bowlers on the night.

Gul got a couple of cheap wickets, but he bowled smart and hopefully some of the Aussie domestic bowlers can learn a thing a thing or two from the young Pakistan quicks.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Gul's yorker to Klinger was ****ing awesome.

Was talking with Borcich before and he raised a good point. Anyone else reckon that T20 will kill Klinger's form? It's a good shout.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gul's yorker to Klinger was ****ing awesome.

Was talking with Borcich before and he raised a good point. Anyone else reckon that T20 will kill Klinger's form? It's a good shout.
Myself, no. He's a sweet hitter of the ball when he gets going. Expect a couple of handy knocks in the KFC comp.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think that the Twenty20 will kill his form.

I wouldn't have opened with him tbh. Would have went with Tom Cooper.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that the Twenty20 will kill his form.

I wouldn't have opened with him tbh. Would have went with Tom Cooper.
That I agree with. Take the pressure off him by batting him lower so he only has to have some throw-away slogs for 5 overs to go. He's done enough in SS and FR Cup to earn that!

Especially since SA have some other pretty decent hitters too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He'll probably still open next match though, since they played so well.

After watching the QLD vs NSW match and WA vs SA match SA have been the most impressive.

I imagine VIC's are the team to beat though, didn't see that game obviously.