• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am not taking anything away from Mitch! He is in superb form this year but SAF should have remained strong even after losing ABDV / Kallis! Poor poor day!
For sure, but I think he took it from them, I don't think they really handed it to him, in the manner that say Symonds, Haddin and Clarke did yesterday.

This test has already had so many twists and turns. It's been amazing. When it's played between two teams of reasonably equal standard, it's just the most compelling game going. They don't have to be the best two teams, just two close sides, and all of a sudden I remember why I love this sport so much.

Redbacks

International Captain
I can see the great potential in Siddle, but I don't think he is ready for test cricket just yet. Great stamina and good pace.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
For sure, but I think he took it from them, I don't think they really handed it to him, in the manner that say Symonds, Haddin and Clarke did yesterday.

This test has already had so many twists and turns. It's been amazing. When it's played between two teams of reasonably equal standard, it's just the most compelling game going. They don't have to be the best two teams, just two close sides, and all of a sudden I remember why I love this sport so much.
Which is why I'm hyped for going again tomorrow. :)

Evermind

International Debutant
When it's played between two teams of reasonably equal standard, it's just the most compelling game going. They don't have to be the best two teams, just two close sides, and all of a sudden I remember why I love this sport so much.
We are about to find out whether they're of reasonably equal standard. My gut feeling is it's gonna be Australia winning the series without challenge and SA unable to win a single match.

kingkallis

International Coach

Test cricket at its best!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
**** yeah! Gotta love it when an arm wrestle ends with the other guy nursing a broken arm...

:wub: Mitch's bowling in that last spell.

Burgey

**** yeah! Gotta love it when an arm wrestle ends with the other guy nursing a broken arm...

:wub: Mitch's bowling in that last spell.
Speaking of which, last martial arts class for the year tonight - we got to "have fun" with chokes and strangles - think I've crushed my larynx. Got home, then that Johnson spell. Maybe mine wasn't the only choke tonight :unsure:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Wow I really didnt think Johnson had that kind of spell in him, I might have to start taking him a little more seriously as a test bowler. Lee has never bowled a spell like that in his 70 odd tests...

Quiet day for Siddle, but he still looks the goods to me, very solid fundamentals and good attitude....

Burgey

Wow I really didnt think Johnson had that kind of spell in him, I might have to start taking him a little more seriously as a test bowler. Lee has never bowled a spell like that in his 70 odd tests...

Quiet day for Siddle, but he still looks the goods to me, very solid fundamentals and good attitude....
Siddle seems to have the Merv Hughes-style bustle about him IMO. Runs in all day long - captain's dream.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Speaking of which, last martial arts class for the year tonight - we got to "have fun" with chokes and strangles - think I've crushed my larynx. Got home, then that Johnson spell. Maybe mine wasn't the only choke tonight :unsure:
Was going to post a link from Youtube illustrating the broken arm thing, but they all take too long to get to the good bit...

Craig

World Traveller
:naughty:

I'll leave now.

Talmier

Cricket Spectator
I thought Jason Krejza was all class today. Very unlucky not to have a couple of Johnson's wickets as he very much contributed to the pressure build up.

I thought Ponting bowled him to much though he looked out on his feet. A fair bit more spin froom him then I expected and I was very impressed with his bounce

Top_Cat

Seriously, can we see the last of 'Johnson gets all his wickets with crap bowling' guff? He must be doing something right; he was Aus's best bowler in a losing series in India of all places, was good against NZ and sensational here on a perfect batting track against a pretty solid batting line-up. Give it a rest and credit where credit is due.

Uppercut

I thought Jason Krejza was all class today. Very unlucky not to have a couple of Johnson's wickets as he very much contributed to the pressure build up.

I thought Ponting bowled him to much though he looked out on his feet. A fair bit more spin froom him then I expected and I was very impressed with his bounce
Still, too many four-balls. Was very good against new batsmen- could have had Kallis and de Villiers both when they arrived at the crease- but once they were set he served up too many half-trackers and the odd full toss.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Holy ****. South Africa were dominating, so I turned the T.V off to come on the computer. Later in the night, I check the scorecard to see how it ended up, and Johnson has 7 wickets!

Strange how he gets so many wickets with bad balls, the batsmen get themselves out against him. Johnson is the fastest in our team now as well. Siddle bowled really well I reckon, deserved a wicket or two. So did Krejza, he bowled good all day, unlucky to only get the 1, deserved 2 or 3.

Talmier

Cricket Spectator
I agree about the four balls but I feel a few were down to the amount of overs he bowled in the day espically coming back from injury where he hasn't had much bowling recently.

I still think Johnson does get quite a few of his wickets off poor balls but if the batsman is going to play the shot who can blame him. I thought South Africa would sort him out I guess I couldn't have been more wrong