• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Waiting for Steyn to let a few rip at Symonds' throat today. Would make my day tbh.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Was hesitant to post this, fearing a jinx of epic proportions, but the Bluebaggers will win this Test for Australia.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Haha.........just switched the telly on and Aus in a bit of a pickle. Ponting would do good if he lets the bat do his talking instead of the stupid stuff that he tries before each series.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Well dude i am very well aware of all that goes on in the Aussie domestic cricket and all the players going around, so don't waste your time telling me all that, and yeah in case you missed it i am one the biggest Aussie fan around in the forum.
Well I am a true Aussie fan and mindful of the history of the baggy green and know (and have spoken to) some of the legends of the game who have been disgusted with the antics of the Australian game since the mid 70's after Lawry disappeared.

When we get back to playing the game hard & fair (as opposed to just hard) I will start cheering for the team again.

I just hope that culture of win at all costs hasn't insidiously permeated into the newer players in the side.. and we can get back to be a well respected (and feared) cricket unit..

Michael Clarke will be a great captain respectful of the game. Let's move on to that as quick as we can.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Mate I wouldn't be throwing the sarcasm around.. a bog average England side just took India to the wall..

We'll be back and better just need a good sweep out.

When your fab 4 are gone India will be back where it belongs
Looks like someone is still sore over the 2-0 loss to India.

FYI out of the Fab 4 Ganguly is already gone, Dravid nearly gone and just Tendulkar and Laxman left.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha.........just switched the telly on and Aus in a bit of a pickle. Ponting would do good if he lets the bat do his talking instead of the stupid stuff that he tries before each series.
How did we all know the troll would emerge from the depths of the uncovered sewer?

Pray tell, what did Ponting say in the lead up to this series that was even mildly offensive (except to the usual buffoons, including your good self)? There hasn't been a single suggestion by anyone connected to the SA set up that anything said by Ponting was in any way untoward.

Words to the effect of "We've played well against them before and some of their guys will have a few scars from that" is something he shouldn't say, is it?

Peanut.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
After a perfect (or should that be Perth-ic) start for South Africa, Clarke and Katich look pretty comfortable now. Kallis, without getting the ball to move notably, getting picked away easily, so for SA's sake I hope he's able to become a bit more threatening. Morkel bowling usefully at the other end.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
How did we all know the troll would emerge from the depths of the uncovered sewer?

Pray tell, what did Ponting say in the lead up to this series that was even mildly offensive (except to the usual buffoons, including your good self)? There hasn't been a single suggestion by anyone connected to the SA set up that anything said by Ponting was in any way untoward.

Words to the effect of "We've played well against them before and some of their guys will have a few scars from that" is something he shouldn't say, is it?

Peanut.
All the mind games look a bit foolish now that he's gone for a duck. :dry:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really loving Morne. This is going to be an awesome series. Just hope Smiffy's up for it.

Ernest

U19 12th Man
Anyone can get a good'un first up.

Blame Hayden for exposing Punter to the new ball..

He is still (said through gritted teeth) the best batsman in the world

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Arguably the most nonsensical post I've read of yours, and that's saying something.

By that reckoning, no one should say a word, ever, before any match, about their prospects or what they're looking forward to in playing their opponents.

"Ricky, you're Australia's captain, and we're about to play the number 2 side in the world. How do you think the series will go, given what we know about SA, and how you hitting them?"

"Sorry mate, better not say in case I fail. The mind games will come back and haunt me".

Absurd.