• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarks a huge loss to the australian side. Especially when his replacement is peter siddle. Does anybody else rate peter siddle other than the australian selectors???? I would like to know if anybody else does. They should put in Maggofin or a Brett Dorey in, especially at the WACA. These two can bowl into the breeze, with great effect.
Haven't seen enough of Siddle to judge TBH, just one test.

I just think Australia are in deep, deep do do ATM with their bowlers. Very little experience, even less accuracy. SA by 4 wickets and by middle session day 4.

Top_Cat

Siddle seems to have quite a simple method; hit the deck, bowl quick, try to move the ball away when it's up there. If managed right by Ponting, there's no reason why he can't take plenty of poles on even the flattest of decks because he'll run in all day, as he showed in the Pura Cup final last year.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Clarks a huge loss to the australian side. Especially when his replacement is peter siddle. Does anybody else rate peter siddle other than the australian selectors???? I would like to know if anybody else does. They should put in Maggofin or a Brett Dorey in, especially at the WACA. These two can bowl into the breeze, with great effect.
Given that i have seen all the potential test hopeful fringe Australian bowlers bowl expect Bollinger. Even though inexperienced I'd say Siddle is definately the best replacement for Clark & given how he bowled in that one-test in India if the perth deck is quick he should not be under-rated by the Saffies.

Burgey

Jacdk might have played with or against Siddle a fair bit.

Be interested to hear how he rates him compared to other quicks he'd have faced.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Sutherland a selector?

"Australia coach Tim Nielsen told reporters on Saturday that he would consult Sutherland before deciding whether to include a spinner.

Sutherland said the Test pitch, which was used for Western Australia's Sheffield Shield clash with Victoria last month, would cater for a spinner if they used the conditions correctly."

EDIT: Ignore me... apparently Sutherland the curator not Sutherland the CA man.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
Haddin
Noffke
Johnson
Lee
Bollinger

IMO. Man Aussie sidea are easy to select. You guys don't know how lucky you are :p

inbox24

International Debutant
Pretty sure this will be the team:

Katich
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Watson
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Siddle

Our selectors have a way of screwing up the unscrewable. I'd say drop Symonds and let him get some domestic form going, that way we can have some balance and maybe play a spinner or another true fast bowler. This series will probably be the big exposure of Johnson.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jacdk might have played with or against Siddle a fair bit.

Be interested to hear how he rates him compared to other quicks he'd have faced.
I'm assuming that was a reference to me...

Yeah, there's no doubt in Vic circles that he's the most consistent quick going around. Only one bloke who you'd like to face less, and that's Nannes - probably a bit quicker, and has less idea where they are going (hence the two beamers the other week).

Hits the deck, can swing them away a bit and has a knack for getting the ball coming through rib height regularly. Pretty genuine nasty streak too.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Looks good from what I've seen and a ****-tin better than Dorey. Plenty of people seem to rate him.

Burgey

Yeah, there's no doubt in Vic circles that he's the most consistent quick going around. Only one bloke who you'd like to face less, and that's Nannes - probably a bit quicker, and has less idea where they are going (hence the two beamers the other week).

Hits the deck, can swing them away a bit and has a knack for getting the ball coming through rib height regularly. Pretty genuine nasty streak too.
Cheers mate, apologies for the mis-spelling

Steulen

International Regular

Yeah, there's no doubt in Vic circles that he's the most consistent quick going around. Only one bloke who you'd like to face less, and that's Nannes - probably a bit quicker, and has less idea where they are going (hence the two beamers the other week) .

Dirk Nannes has been included in the Dutch squad for WC qualification and probably the T20 WC. Dutch passports rule.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Siddle deff in starting 11 according to Ponting.

Watto and Krejza fighting for the last spot.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If they don't release Watson for State Cricket they're ****ing idiots.
I was surprised they didn't release both Watson and Krejza for the one dayer on Sunday TBH, or at least just Krejza. It's not like the turnaround would have been too much to handle given it was just a one dayer, and Krejza specifically had only bowled 7 overs or something ridiculous since the Indian tour.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If they don't release Watson for State Cricket they're ****ing idiots.
It'll be too late won't it? The Qld match started today. Mind you... a month without cricket is hardly what Watto needed I reckon.

Anyway... no Watson has made things easy for me with who to support. I'm going to love it if the Saffas take the Australians down.