• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Stoked we managed to get Daniel Rich, by all reports he's just the sort of player we so desperately missed last year, another in-and-under midfielder.

Massive lol at Collingwood picking up Leigh Brown.
shortest arms in the world i heard.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, so glad we got rid of him. Not sure what purpose he would serve at Collingwood, clean the Lexus centre maybe?
I can kinda understand it. They have a very inexperienced defence as it is after losing Clement, Wakelin and Presti over the past couple of years. Brown and O'Brien are good, but they need someone with some experience down there.

That being said, Brown. :laugh:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Haha, the irony of this is quite amusing. You being the n00b on the internet, and those who're being paid to recruit (and numerous others whose opinions matter) rating Rich as a massive talent, and a potential top 3 pick all year.
The same recruiters that let him "slip" to 7?

No doubt he is talented thats not what im saying. But obviously there a reason as to why he was around at 7.

Hoggy31

International Captain

Smash, crash..

Gonna be hard to see him in the black stripes next year, won't compliment his baby blue eyes either.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Picks 1 & 2 are gun, Freo have no idea (is the general consensus), Port picked the awesome kid from SA (Hartlett is just as good apparently, only difference being he's from SA, not WA), your lot wanted a key defender, and carlton picked up a small foward who was arguably the most skillful player in the draft (so I've heard). Rich "sliding" most likely has very little to do with him not as good as those picked before him (Watts & Nic Nat aside), but more because he wasn't the type of player the other teams needed (or in Ports case, it makes more sense to pick the kid from SA).

mikeW

Picks 1 & 2 are gun, Freo have no idea (is the general consensus), Port picked the awesome kid from SA (Hartlett is just as good apparently, only difference being he's from SA, not WA), your lot wanted a key defender, and carlton picked up a small foward who was arguably the most skillful player in the draft (so I've heard). Rich "sliding" most likely has very little to do with him not as good as those picked before him (Watts & Nic Nat aside), but more because he wasn't the type of player the other teams needed (or in Ports case, it makes more sense to pick the kid from SA).
Or you have no idea?

Have you seen the fella Freo drafted? huge talent. Don't get me wrong Rich will probably have the most immediate impact from the draft.

ash chaulk

International Captain
tbf freo went for something they know nothing about and thats speed/athlete. Rich is a ready made footballer who will hit you on the tit from 50. J.Brown/Bradshaw will love him.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Quite happy with the Pies work - Sidebottom fits a need AND was probably the best available player at that point - thought he might not make it to 11 after his TAC grandfinal. His effort in the first time trial with the squad is heartening, will be gun with a couple of preseasons under his belt. Awesome name too.

Beams is a reasonable calculated risk for a second round pick, and will be a cult figure with his tatts. The others can be lotteries at that stage, but I'm glad after we've drafted well for spine players in past years, we've gone out to bolster our midfielder stocks this year.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Anthony and Ziebell will get plenty of game time this year. Sam Wright is going to be the new Shannon Grant. O'Keefe is a bit of a gamble given he's not even played much tac football, but apparently he kicked 5 on hurley this year (lol). And Warren Benjamin is the perfect foil for Benjamin Warren

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon Anthony and Ziebell will get plenty of game time this year. Sam Wright is going to be the new Shannon Grant. O'Keefe is a bit of a gamble given he's not even played much tac football, but apparently he kicked 5 on hurley this year (lol). And Warren Benjamin is the perfect foil for Benjamin Warren
He's veeeery quick.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite happy with the Pies work - Sidebottom fits a need AND was probably the best available player at that point - thought he might not make it to 11 after his TAC grandfinal. His effort in the first time trial with the squad is heartening, will be gun with a couple of preseasons under his belt. Awesome name too.

Beams is a reasonable calculated risk for a second round pick, and will be a cult figure with his tatts. The others can be lotteries at that stage, but I'm glad after we've drafted well for spine players in past years, we've gone out to bolster our midfielder stocks this year.
Must be delighted at picking up Leigh Brown? *snigger* :p

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, his time was so up, he couldn't even pretend to care last year, and he wasn't funny at all.

Must be delighted at picking up Leigh Brown? *snigger* :p
meh - we weren't going to get anything useful with that pick - hopefully he'll be a strictly depth player plying his trade with the VFL team. We've got one kid and one old man for KPBs, so I don't mind them passing up an extreme lottery ticket for some (admittedly pretty poor - but probably best available at that point) coverage.

mikeW

Don't know what I'm going to do without Trev tbh... I mean, his jokes were so predictable that you chuckled at them the night before, but I didn't mind his input.

Also, Yarran, Robinson and O'Keefe... **** yeah. Blues will make top 8, no doubt about it. If Walker stays injury free he will smash some ****s.
No defence and 1 forward, will finish 10-12 again imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.