• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Could it be possible that both Oram and Franklin play?

I really hope that happens the batting order will look so strong. It will leave the selectors with a tough dillema on whether to drop Southee Martin or O Brien. I would love them to persevere with Southee as he should only get better and Adelaide was a tough ask for him. They surely cant drop O Brien after the year he has had against the odds, even at Adelaide he tolied effectively. I therefore think Martin should be dropped, he hasnt been effective at all over the past year and obviously his batting doesnt help his case.

Line-up if both Oram and Franklin play:

1. How
2. Redmond
3. Ryder
4. Taylor
5. Flynn
6. Franklin
7. Oram
8. McCullam
9. Vettori
10. Southee
11. O Brien

That side gives plenty of bowling options with a lethal lower order batting of Oram, McCullum and Vettori. Four quicks including Oram can be used aswell as Vettori with Redmond and Ryder ready on call.

Woodster

International Captain
Banks not on a Kolpak. His nationality allows him to qualify as a Brit or something to that effect.
Banks does not count as an overseas player because he was born in Anguilla, a British protectorate, but all this means is he qualifies to be a kolpak player, and was signed as such, wasn't he ?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Does it strike anyone as odd that the Windies have left Jerome Taylor and Chris Gayle out of their one warm up match before the tests start?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that's a little bit strange.

Looks like the WI bowlers are needing this outing - being hit for 4.6 an over at the moment. Guptill will be kicking himself.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, that Outer Oval pitch must be an absolute belter. Although I must say that I'm a bit suspicious of the quality of that Windies bowling lineup without Powell or Taylor present.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does it strike anyone as odd that the Windies have left Jerome Taylor and Chris Gayle out of their one warm up match before the tests start?
Slightly, but are they both 100% fit? If they are carrying some sort of injury, it's probably a smart move as both are certain starters injury permitting.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
West Indies can only be using this as a run about..Richard Jones 90* off 122 balls? you gotta be kidding me.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sherlock is clearly underdone...I think he's bowled 4 overs for 37 against Otago today. He needs a season or 2 to prove he can stay on the park consistently. There's no way he should be put in to the Black Caps right now.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's probably the rate that they're scoring at which is the biggest surprise. If they keep powering on then they could even be thinking of declaring with a few overs to go tonight seeing it's only a 3 dayer.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I would think a century for McIntosh today might just confirm his place. Unless they've seen something better in Peter Ingram, Guptill or Watling but McIntosh will have scored three centuries this season if he kicks on today.

Having said that, Moles may not be too eager to make dramatic changes. I think Franklin will come back in to the squad with Oram but apart from that he may not want to make any others.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's partly the pitch (which I think produced about 800 runs for 12 wickets in last weeks state shield match), partly the fact that Roach and Baker have played 15 FC matches between them and partly the fact that Edwards is just rubbish.