• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Woeful captaincy bowling Swann in the Powerplay. You don't come back from 21 off an over, it's impossible. 2-an-over from now would be the only way to get a good spell from here.

What a waste. Swann can bowl well outside Powerplays, I hate to see such bowlers being made useless by bowling in Powerplays.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
As Stuart MacGill said about Sehwag: "It's not that he can pick me, it's that he just doesn't care." Horrible idea to bowl a spinner to him during power plays.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I read an interview with Kirstin about how one day he was in the nets showing how he'd play the spinners, and Sehwag was just sitting back laughing - he just doesn't rate spinenrs at all. Many times, that can be his downfall. But it also means you'll get smashed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I was India I'd have taken their Powerplay straight after the fielding Powerplay. Another good 5 overs and the game'd be as good as sealed. In this position I reckon the best method would be to look to hammer home the advantage.

EDIT: mind, they might score less less quickly outside Powerplay as they have in Powerplay.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they keep timing them this cleanly then we'd need all nine men on the boundary to cut off the fours. Can't see end-of-Powerplay stymying the run rate.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, the simple truth is most of these bowlers aren't good enough. And matters aren't helped by one of the few who has the potential to be a decent bowler having his chances of having a good day reduced to zero by bowling in the Powerplay. 8-)