• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

biased indian

International Coach
was very busy forget that there was a live match....:(

so what is the learned opinion will any thing above 280 be difficult on this pitch ??

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Difficult to say really, India haven't bowled particularly well or badly; you can expect England to bowl fairly badly; the pitch has been a little bit up and down but otherwise pretty good.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't, nor would any bowler who understands one-day cricket. I've said before that there are times when you don't, you mix it and the longer game up too often.
Taking a wicket now is critical, saving 3 runs is not - understand

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If KP tons up here will his critics use this in their "he scores centuries in dead ODIs" theory? Has it been a good innings?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
was very busy forget that there was a live match....:(

so what is the learned opinion will any thing above 280 be difficult on this pitch ??
Not against this English attack.

All hypothethetical anyway, unless someone goes ballistic over the next few overs.
England's total looks well short of what they'll need, and India to win within 45 overs afaics.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If KP tons up here will his critics use this in their "he scores centuries in dead ODIs" theory? Has it been a good innings?
Hasn't been sensational or anything but it's been the best innings he's played for quite some time in ODIs.

Pietersen runs is better than no Pietersen runs, and as I say, I'm always hugely loathe to term any ODI as "dead" because they're all World Cup preparation.

This Powerplay has contained 2 fours, which is damn good bowling and field-placing. In the fixed Powerplay England scored 68; in the chosen-when ones they got 45.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And Pietersen now slowly working his way up toward a century. Have to imagine he'll try and blast it once he gets there.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KP's slowed down too much over the past 15 overs. Shah's done as well as expected.

Current partnership 83 runs, 16.0 overs, RR: 5.18 (Shah 49, Pietersen 33)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Presuming nothing goes very badly wrong in 3 deliveries, this will also be an exceptionally rare case of 5 bowlers bowling 10 overs in a game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I started a thread once purely for discussion about Econ V Wickets, it hardly got any response yet it seems every thread about ODIs ends up in such debate. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The bowler controls the game. It's inevitable that in the end things will always boil down to how he controls (or doesn't) the game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeha, but no new points are ever made on it. I actually think it's a fascinating discussion, but it just seems like we go round in circles.

I'm not attacking anyone, nor calling it hijacking. Just, um, saying...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, so earlier on we got a non-chance that was gone for that shouldn't have been, now we get what should've been an easy catch not gone for. :blink:

Rohit Sharma struggling to sight the ball. Guess these poor lights are a disadvantage to fielders and not batsmen.