• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
GIMH said:
Going back a few pages, not getting the Broad hate. He has been a good ODI bowler for a while now, surprised to see Richard and EWS bemoaning his getting of wickets, almost as if they are confusing Tests with ODIs
He's obviously been very good so far ODIs - there's no denying his performances so far or the fact that he has a place in the team guaranteed for now. I just really don't like watching him bowl at all and struggle to see how he takes so many wickets with the new ball in one day cricket. He bowls accurately *sometimes* and gets decent bounce but it all seems so pedestrian - he doesn't really get any movement, bowl a particularly testing line or even have the batsmen play and miss.. they just seem to get out every so often. I could live with him bowling super-economically but the wickets he takes just seem wrong. :p

There's also the fact that he's often found himself in a Test shirt based on how he's done in ODIs.. the poorer he play in this series, the less likely it is he'll play in the Tests, which is obviously good for England.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Wow he has really gone down hill hasn't he. (rp singh) i thought he was bowling well in aust earliar this year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Prior looks absolutely clueless completely out of his depth
Bit harsh. He's looked okay. In typical Prior style, he's failed to recognise that he's not opening because he's the best man to bat through the innings but because they feel he can get quick runs there. He's due to realise it in about 5 minutes and do something really stupid but I don't think he ever looks particularly bad when he's at the crease.

He's quite a talented overall batsman for mine - he just struggles with his shot selection in one day cricket, particularly in how to rotate the strike when the bowling is good. Ideally he wouldn't be playing this format of the game at international level, obviously (particuarly as an opening batsman) but I certainly don't think he's looked "completely out of his depth" as such.

Precambrian

Banned
All the momentum build up by Zaheer and Munaf wasted by this fella. Dont know what is he in team for, his fielding sux, batting sux, bowling sux.

kingkallis

International Coach
Now that was one of the best straight drives you'd see in ODIs! Reminds me of Fleming's straight drives!

Shah looking dangerous! Get him guys...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bit harsh. He's looked okay. In typical Prior style, he's failed to recognise that he's not opening because he's the best man to bat through the innings but because they feel he can get quick runs there. He's due to realise it in about 5 minutes and do something really stupid but I don't think he ever looks particularly bad when he's at the crease.

He's quite a talented overall batsman for mine - he just struggles with his shot selection in one day cricket, particularly in how to rotate the strike when the bowling is good. Ideally he wouldn't be playing this format of the game at international level, obviously (particuarly as an opening batsman) but I certainly don't think he's looked "completely out of his depth" as such.
So basically, he's out of his depth.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
RRR is creeping up a tad - not far short of 6.5 now. Whether we'll be able to accelerate against the spinners on this track is questionable imo.

chalky

International Debutant

Don't get me wrong I think he is a decent test match No 7 basman has a half decent technique & looks solid at crease but opening in ODI's he looks clueless doesn't have the range of shots or placement to take advantage of power plays.

When I posted the comment he looked terrible England where a long way behind the the run rate & he was panicking miss-timing almoast every shot & not being able to rotate the strike. It is only since Shah scored a few boundries took some pressure off that he has looked more comfortable.