• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well they probably would. You saw how this pitch was playing earlier? India were 29-3; a better opening attack would probably have had them 50-5 from where there's virtually no recovery, especially against attacks of excellence like the aforementioned.

Precambrian

Banned
Well they probably would. You saw how this pitch was playing earlier? India were 29-3; a better opening attack would probably have had them 50-5 from where there's virtually no recovery, especially against attacks of excellence like the aforementioned.
Well, not necessarily, Had it been a better attack, India would have started cautiously. Rather than the overconfident shots of Sehwag and Gambhir and Sharma.

PP3 taken. FINALLY>

biased indian

International Coach
think it will be better for us to take it @ 44.....so the tailenders can have heave if they are required and can get away with it any way yuiv can score at the moment with any kind of field

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, not necessarily, Had it been a better attack, India would have started cautiously. Rather than the overconfident shots of Sehwag and Gambhir and Sharma.
I doubt Sehwag'd have played any different under any circumstances and I don't think Gambhir was overconfident at all, as I said he played the conditions and situation beautifully. Raina obviously wasn't overconfident either, he just got one that stopped which any batsman would look to play the shot he played to, you don't block leg-stump Half-Volleys.

India played relatively normally for mine, only Rohit Sharma played a shot that might genuinely have been different against better bowlers.

Even if you played with utmost caution, good bowlers would still get you out the way this pitch was playing earlier. It really was all over the place, and there was a bit of swing too.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Anyone let me know if the first ball fromt he broad over was or wasnt a no ball?

oh dw im just a dunce its all good it wasnt a no ball.

Precambrian

Banned
I doubt Sehwag'd have played any different under any circumstances and I don't think Gambhir was overconfident at all, as I said he played the conditions and situation beautifully. Raina obviously wasn't overconfident either, he just got one that stopped which any batsman would look to play the shot he played to, you don't block leg-stump Half-Volleys.

India played relatively normally for mine, only Rohit Sharma played a shot that might genuinely have been different against better bowlers.

Even if you played with utmost caution, good bowlers would still get you out the way this pitch was playing earlier. It really was all over the place, and there was a bit of swing too.
Still it is almost criminal on your part to underrate the Indian batting lineup to be out for under 150.

biased indian

International Coach
Has kp taken his self out of attack becuse of power play being taken...then its a very good decision by indians as he was not going for much

Edit : hmm yuiv gone think we will do well to get to 270 here

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Still it is almost criminal on your part to underrate the Indian batting lineup to be out for under 150.
It's not really about the batting. The bowler controls the game and on a pitch like this one was playing earlier (and might play again later) good bowlers will get you out, however good you are.