• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

krkode

State Captain
Good Lord... just woke up and saw the score...

Yuvraj really wants back into the Indian side, doesn't he? :o

Good for him, haha! :laugh:

pskov

International 12th Man
Bopara showing why it is silly to have him at 8. Harmison clearly wasn't all that interested either.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Shocker of a game from Ravi, he got a rocket in the field from KP and then he sells the captain down the river. I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him in the next game.
Wouldn't surprise me either if he was scapegoated, but he shouldn't be.

krkode

State Captain
Just showed the highlights on Fox Sports News, some insane hitting from Yuvraj, especially down the ground. So awesome when he gets going.

Oh and Bhajji's send off was :laugh:
Could you please tell me what did Bhajji did? Unfortunately, I can't watch games anymore. :unsure:

pup11

International Coach
Seriously now seeing actually how small this ground is, i am sure a decent batting effort from the English team could have made this game a lot more interesting, but a woeful effort England at the end of the day in this game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was our poor batting as a result of needing a huge RR from the off, or just standardd medicore use of the blade?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't surprise me either if he was scapegoated, but he shouldn't be.
Well he should be held accountable for what he did to KP. Also I don't think anyone should read anything into his unbeaten fifty. Imagine what the captain would have done if he was able to call upon a PowerPlay.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was our poor batting as a result of needing a huge RR from the off, or just standardd medicore use of the blade?
As I said early in the innings - regardless of how they actually went, I wouldn't criticise the batsmen too much. They had a basically impossible task on their hands due primarily to a combination of terrible English bowling and awesome Yuvraj hitting.

The pitch was flat and the boundries were small but chasing 387 off 50 overs is rarely ever going to go very well.

Precambrian

Banned
Well he should be held accountable for what he did to KP. Also I don't think anyone should read anything into his unbeaten fifty. Imagine what the captain would have done if he was able to call upon a PowerPlay.
Harsh on Bopara for just a wrong call. It was in front of the wicket and Kevin also could say no. That was just a mixup. I think he should retain his place instead of Shah who looked completely clueless.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The game was dead by the time I got up and we were 117-5. Pietersen would have had to have batted all the way to the end for it to have even been close.

I'd prefer Bopara to bat at three instead of Shah - I can only see one making a hundred at the moment.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
As I said early in the innings - regardless of how they actually went, I wouldn't criticise the batsmen too much. They had a basically impossible task on their hands due primarily to a combination of terrible English bowling and awesome Yuvraj hitting.

The pitch was flat and the boundries were small but chasing 387 off 50 overs is rarely ever going to go very well.
Yeah, chasing such a big score, you're either going to get very close or nowhere near it at all. Got to play the shots from early on.